(Mustang GT Content) - First time recording an outside/exhaust video

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
First time I've gotten to hear my car from the outside really. Mounted a GoPro with an external mic bellow the rear license plate. I must say, it sounds more amazing from the outside than from the cabin.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Sounds good! What external mic are you using, if you don't mind? Would love to get a similar video of my Corsa Sports!

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Sounds good! What external mic are you using, if you don't mind? Would love to get a similar video of my Corsa Sports!
It was my friends GoPro so I'm not sure. It didn't look like anything special. Just a 4 foot cable with the USB connection and had a fuzzy little wind sock on it. Probably something you can get from Amazon for under $20. I just wrapped the cord down from the GoPro, into the trunk the back out and tucked it around the plate then just let it dangle right underneath the plate frame.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I use the Olympus ME-51S. It's not expensive and at the time, it did well in the reviews online. I've got a lot of videos with it but zero with before and after. I use it for my go pro hero 2. Makes a huge difference. The newer go pro 4 and 5 may have better mics than my Olympus ME-51S. Here's an example of how you can do stupid stuff with it and a long extension.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was great! Nice to hear how your setup sounds from the rear, and man does it sound stellar! Good looking '16 GT!

Users who are viewing this thread