mustang gets 110mpg?

DJ HEARTLESS

THE OFFICIAL
Established Member
damn he has alot foxes! and that coupe has some wide meats so. 1: that thing gotta be packing heat or 2: he's full of shit about gas milage

wtpLXfox

Established Member
My buddy sent me this earlier and if you follow the link http://www.mustangevolution.com/20080702712/ it goes into more depth about it. The guy is an electrical engineer and worked to redesign the block and also added a number of electronics. It's pretty interesting and he is right about making current engines more efficient. Currently engines are 10-15% efficient at transferring chemical energy to mechanical energy. A lot of the energy is lost due to heat and friction. The guy in the video got his to be 38% efficient which is amazing for and IC engine.

98KBcobra

SVT Poster
Established Member
I agree that his HP and TQ numbers are probably BS but combustion engines, as stated prior, are terribly inefficient so it is not out of the realm to get over 100 MPG.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
0-60 in 3 seconds? People need to stop fabricating self delusional factiods about the vehicle they drive.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It sounded like he pulled the 3 second off the top of his head, but 500lbs/trq in a 3k lb car would net you numbers close to that.

This guy isn't just claiming this, he's competing in the automotive X challenge so he has to have something going on.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
not even a 600cc bike will get that kinda mileage. :bs:

Stock aero @ 3000lbs and 400hp no way no how he is getting 110mpg. Physics is your friend. Mileage is alot more dependent on aero, weight and gearing than "engine efficiency."

mustang_00

Established Member
i highly highly doubt it's a gas only engine. even the e85 wouldn't help in getting those mpg figures. i'd put money that it's electric for a period of time before the gas engine kicks in or vise versa. maybe he figured out a way to have the gas engine generate the electricity so you DON'T have to plug it in. pretty neat though.

maybe it's from that sweet ram air scoop on the bottom front face. @ around 1:20 is it a shadow or is the muffler hanging insanley low to the ground??

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
My buddy sent me this earlier and if you follow the link http://www.mustangevolution.com/20080702712/ it goes into more depth about it. The guy is an electrical engineer and worked to redesign the block and also added a number of electronics. It's pretty interesting and he is right about making current engines more efficient. Currently engines are 10-15% efficient at transferring chemical energy to mechanical energy. A lot of the energy is lost due to heat and friction. The guy in the video got his to be 38% efficient which is amazing for and IC engine.

It sounds far fetched. 500 lb.-ft of torque? Sounds like #s from a turbo diesel? :shrug::dw:

If it is indeed true, all car manufacturers are worthless and that guy is the ****ing man. :)

Users who are viewing this thread