Mustang Dyno Numbers

prison90

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I have a JLT 123 , Ford racing TB . 2.6 upper and a 10 OD IW lower with longtube headers . I had my car dyno tunes on a Mustang Dyno and only got 528 RWHP with no correction done . Does this sound low even with no correction done. Car runs strong but the numbers seem low

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
Mustang Dyno numbers are lower than Dynojet. Also, what's your DA? I believe that could effect it as well.

prison90

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Not sure what DA means . But the elevation of the shop where tuned and dyno at is around 1200 feet

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd say you're about where you should be, numbers wise. The fact that you feel that your GT-500 is running strong is your focus. You could take it to the track to what it does. That would be a key indicator for you. If it were me, I'd just enjoy it and not focus so much on numbers. Remember, too, that dyno setups can affect numbers. Hence my recommendation not to focus so much on numbers.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Take it to the track. Trap speed is the true answer. :)
But yes MD typically 5-10% off DJ but it’s all in how they’re calibrated.
-J

VNMOUS1

Established Member
That's about right for MD. Dynojet would be +/- 540 to 550 in an apples to apples comparison

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

prison90

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thanks for the help . I was expecting more because other post with the same mods claiming to be around or over 600 RWHP . But the real thing is the car runs great and I am happy with it . Thanks again .

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a JLT 123 , Ford racing TB . 2.6 upper and a 10 OD IW lower with longtube headers . I had my car dyno tunes on a Mustang Dyno and only got 528 RWHP with no correction done . Does this sound low even with no correction done. Car runs strong but the numbers seem low
91 or 93?

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Mustang Dyno=Heartbreaker.

Just don’t get hung up on those numbers, because some shops love to inflate their numbers. A Dyno can be calibrated to output any value wanted. Get it out on the track and see how it really runs!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

68gtscode

Established Member
As the others have said, I wouldn’t get too caught up with dyno numbers. All day is read differently and MDs can be very low. I also believe most tuners back off timing a bit after they get a nice printout for customers, to be “safe”.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread