Mustang cams - piston to valve clearance

Yagermeister

Established Member
Any dyno numbers yet from anyone on using the 290 deg duration, 11 mm lift EX cams on a stock GT head with stock GT INT cams with longtubes and Boss intake? Highly interested in this combo :rockon:

olaosunt

Established Member
me too!!
I just ordered a set for my low compression alluminator.
I spoke shaun at AED and he reccomended a dyno tune and not mail order.
I may return them if I cant find any one to write me a mail order tune them since I know of no reputable tunes in my area.
may be I will try Brenspeed.

twistedneck

Established Member
My car is totally drivable now with the AED tune and its only barely optimized so far. Going to the Dyno tomorrow.

To get the special tune stuff done that AED can do for Boss and GT you would for sure need to give them the car. There is a ton of R&D to be done and you cant do that many runs and drives over email. The logging alone would be horrible.

Turbostang990

Established Member
What do you think about the MMR tensioners? Wont they help solve the deflection issues?

If the exhaust cams get more and more retard due to a slack chain that's not quite as bad at high rpms right? isn't the ideal centerline on the exhaust of an NA pretty high? ie. 112 or more.

I know some folks on yellowbullet said they leave the exhaust cam parked to work properly with turbos. now clue why that works.

Anyone ever figure out what is the best exhaust cam for a turbo car

Users who are viewing this thread