Mustang Boss 302 to come with special key for race calibration, free track day

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Let's do some math here:

Livernois forged rods and pistons : $1499.99
Livernois Stage 1 heads : $1299.99
aftermarket intake manifold (doesn't exist yet): approx. $599.99 (used FRPP 3V price)
aftermarket cams (don't exist yet): approx. $1199.99 both sets I/E (used the price of 4.6L 4V cams)
various gaskets: $200
dyno tuning: $500

Griggs GR40SS Super Street suspension package: $3,630.30

Total: $ 8930.26

That by the way, is low balling some figures that don't even exist yet, and figuring in the fact that you'd be doing all the work yourself.

So you pay $34K for a Premium Brembo GT, plus $9K and you come out with $43K, plus countless hours of work.

Seeing as the price for a 2012 Boss is going to be around $38K, obviously there's dealer mark up for exclusivity. However, the MSRP is much lower than what you could build, and it's done for you instead of doing the work yourself. Obviously if this was all done professionally it would be much more expensive.

Looks like a Boss with the diff/seats is going to be about 5k more expensive than your guestimate ;)

More FYI:

Boss 302

$40,995 = Boss 302 MSRP (inc D & D).

$1,995 = Recaro Seats with Torsen Differential.

$475 = Boss 302 Accessory Package.

$495 = Yellow Blaze TriCoat Paint.

Boss 302 Laguna Seca

$47,990 = Boss 302 Laguna Seca (inc D & D).

$475 = Boss 302 Accessory Package.

Husker

908ssp

Established Member
I have heard from a reliable source that the 5.0 is blowing out rods like rain. So while you'll hear reports about the occasional 800hp car those same people won't tell you that the motor grenaded. Because that might cost them business. Some speculation that the cases on the 5.0 are weaker than the 4.6 because of some added venting in the crankcase.

red9450

Established Member
I have heard from a reliable source that the 5.0 is blowing out rods like rain. So while you'll hear reports about the occasional 800hp car those same people won't tell you that the motor grenaded. Because that might cost them business. Some speculation that the cases on the 5.0 are weaker than the 4.6 because of some added venting in the crankcase.

I've heard from a reliable source they aren't. LOL. does you adding "reliable source" to your sentence make it more true? Any "real" info to back it?

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Think I'm going to have to agree with TXPD and satx. For a roughly equal amount of money, you simply can't match an OEMs capabilities. Take it from a guy who has spent a heck of a lot of money on suspension pieces for a 95R, including some Griggs. It is TOUGH to improve on what an OEM with thousands of engineers and supercomputers can do. A very good friend of mine is a Ford suspension engineer. It is unreal what they do to figure out the handling and make it ideal. I do think that with enough money you CAN make a GT faster than a stock Boss on the track; it would take a LOT of money though....probably another 25k.

Like the super cobra jet of Randy Hopkins w/o ford doing a lot, this record never would happen even at 100k. I think ford stang engineers are very good. The new gt is. Who would of thought a yr ago? They were given leeway to do what they could w reasons not just $. Performance per dollar just not dollars. Be really nice boss 302 be at 3400#. The z28 camaro could not touch it on the track.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paRiaFAoMD0"]YouTube - Randy Hopkins Record Run[/nomedia]

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
after reading the Nathan'sTSI posts I have seen the light and decided against the Enzo I was going to buy. Instead I plan on a base GT with Brembo's and I'm going to put the difference into mods. I will DESTROY that Enzo at the track!!!

All I'm going to say this new boss will be capable of doing 800whp + with esp e85. I predict 900 whp w same boost when a big novi is strapped on at 12#. It's a no brainer. Per c.i. that is right at most hp per c.i. Ford is getting it down. Now the other 2 better step up... Smooth hp and on big straight road track ford well will roast the competition. And the 2 step feature well look at Randy Hopkins made for boost.

Users who are viewing this thread