Mustang based EV debuts in November

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I've been told by someone in the know, that I barely know and have pretty much no relationship with, that it's actually cooler than you'd expect.

It's an SUV though..

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought Ford wasn't making anything besides the mustang and pickup trucks anymore

Voltwings

Established Member
S550 Avant lol? I'm still skeptical of electric vehicles but I'll wait to see what happens first.
audi-rs-6-avant-2019.jpg

john11gt

Established Member
I thought Ford wasn't making anything besides the mustang and pickup trucks anymore

Bests me. Part of me thinks that when they announced that, they did it with the intention of bringing cars and suvs back but bringing them back as completely new. I think it would be easier to kill to em off and start from scratch than it would be to redesign and change vehicles already being produced.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
They aren't making cars anymore except for the Mustang.

SUVs are a hot ticket item now.

I thought they were going to continue with the C-Max but I'm not sure

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn,......I didn't know it was electric.
Not interested. lol

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
What Ford should make,..............is a killer suv.
Something that looks like the Ford Explorer ST in a way, but mated with a supercharged 5.0 and 10 speed automatic to be the rival of the Jeep Trackhawk, but price it accordingly. The Trackhawk in my eyes is a little overpriced. It is a beastly machine, but a little overpriced in my opinion.

But then again, I know why Ford isn't making what I want as said above, it just doesn't sell. (Just look at all the Trackhawks on the lots.) Maybe if it were more affordable, it would sell? I know I would be VERY interested.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
What Ford should make,..............is a killer suv.
Something that looks like the Ford Explorer ST in a way, but mated with a supercharged 5.0 and 10 speed automatic to be the rival of the Jeep Trackhawk, but price it accordingly. The Trackhawk in my eyes is a little overpriced. It is a beastly machine, but a little overpriced in my opinion.

But then again, I know why Ford isn't making what I want as said above, it just doesn't sell. (Just look at all the Trackhawks on the lots.) Maybe if it were more affordable, it would sell? I know I would be VERY interested.

Edge ST but replace the following:
Engine = 3.5L HO Ecoboost - 450hp/510tq
Transmission = 6 speed unit from 2015+ Edge Sport modified to handle the extra hp/tq.
Suspension = monotube dampers from Edge ST(they are excellent) but add higher rate springs and lower additional .5" over the current Edge ST.
Brakes = Explorer ST units with performance pads and some air deflectors on the control arms(a'la porsche 911)
Wheels = 21" current Edge ST wheels with the 265/40R21 PZeros. Make them as light as possible for increased performance as the current 21" wheels are stupendously heavy.

Keep the Edge ST body kit but get rid of the shitty fake exhaust pipes and plumb two 3.5" exhaust tips. The styling of the Edge ST is there with a few body tweaks but the powertrain needs to have way more oomph to impress the people looking for a performance SUV.

Saleen498

Established Member
I'd love a mustang inspired family vehicle. But an electric suv better not wear the mustang emblem or the mach nameplate. Please, ford, hear us, slap a predator engine matted to a t56 in a falcon, make it left hand drive and charge me 70k for it stateside.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread