Must have mods before first track day

cloud9

Established Member
Correct! I originally made it for the 13" Y2KR Brembos that came on my R. Then I found it also worked on the SN-95 14" Brembo Gran Turismo kit AND the Shelby GT500 AND the 2011 Mustang GT Brembo package which is basically the same as the GT500.

After some tracking pals clammored for them I made a few for them. Then I figured we'd also put them on our site as well. It's a pretty trick tool that does the job remarkably well and the best part is it's very affordable.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Sweet. Ordered an extra one for a friend. :thumbsup:

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe stock vs. stock the fully built, tweaked, and dialed in for track duty Econoline stick axle in the Boss is slightly better then the tuned for luxo street touring M3 suspension. However, an M3 with a track tuned suspension in it is a totally different story.

I find it discouraging that so many are OK with a stick axle in the Mustang. Sad. Drag racing should have a stick axle for strength. In every other application an IRS will perform better.

I'd have money down on a Boss already if it had an IRS. I was at the dealer discussing the terms, but in the end I just couldn't do it without an IRS.

talk about a big no way!! this car is faster than an M3 with a stick axle. put and IRS in there and you are going to have to start from scratch to get it set up right and then deal with all the issue the IRS brings.

there's a reason there is no IRS on these mustangs.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Maybe stock vs. stock the fully built, tweaked, and dialed in for track duty Econoline stick axle in the Boss is slightly better then the tuned for luxo street touring M3 suspension. However, an M3 with a track tuned suspension in it is a totally different story.

I find it discouraging that so many are OK with a stick axle in the Mustang. Sad. Drag racing should have a stick axle for strength. In every other application an IRS will perform better.

I'd have money down on a Boss already if it had an IRS. I was at the dealer discussing the terms, but in the end I just couldn't do it without an IRS.

You also have to take into consideration that the IRS will add weight!! :( The S-197 is already plenty heavy. If it had an IRS it would be another portly Pony car specimen like the Camaro and the Challenger.

Rehagen Racing was able to win the 2009 Koni Challenge Championship with that stick axle in the S-197. :read: Beating the IRS equipped BMW M3 I might add! :poke:

But I will also add the fact that I am a HUGE fan of the IRS! :-D

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Rehagen Racing was able to win the 2009 Koni Challenge Championship with that stick axle in the S-197. :read: Beating the IRS equipped BMW M3 I might add! :poke:

Well, I wouldn't go placing any money on a single race. There too many variables that affect the outcome of a single race. Let 'em race repeatedly, or better yet, let a bunch drivers drive both cars around the same track and see which car gets consitently better lap times and which is the drivers' preferred car. Then let's review the results and make conclusions. I don't know which would prevail, but I suspect it would be the M3.

Full disclosure: I have never owned an M3 but I have ridden in a few different ones, both track and street tuned. I have always been a mustang guy myself.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Well, I wouldn't go placing any money on a single race. There too many variables that affect the outcome of a single race. Let 'em race repeatedly, or better yet, let a bunch drivers drive both cars around the same track and see which car gets consitently better lap times and which is the drivers' preferred car. Then let's review the results and make conclusions. I don't know which would prevail, but I suspect it would be the M3.

Full disclosure: I have never owned an M3 but I have ridden in a few different ones, both track and street tuned. I have always been a mustang guy myself.

The Koni Challenge reference I made was for the ENTIRE season of 2009. The Mustang was the clear Champ over the REST of the competition including the IRS equipped BMW M3. :read:

That being said, M3's are great cars. BMW makes a fine vehicle. They just are not my cup of tea.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Hmmm. That is pretty cool then; and pretty clear that it works consistantly well. I stand corrected.

I personally still can not justify the 40k for a car without an IRS, the same way I could not justify 40k for an EVO with the crappy interior. For 40k my expectations are high.

The Koni Challenge reference I made was for the ENTIRE season of 2009. The Mustang was the clear Champ over the REST of the competition including the IRS equipped BMW M3. :read:

That being said, M3's are great cars. BMW makes a fine vehicle. They just are not my cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread