Mushroom filter/options for Procharger P1SC inlet

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Do you have a pic of how you ran your lines? I am have no a hard time visualizing your setup. Much appreciated.

Loosely laid out but you get the idea

e1e4144b1648d002fbf4b9cf86eb53dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks

Any idea what radiator hose you used for the thermostat to radiator connection?

ehhhhh, testing my memory here. I want to say it was a piece of the stock hose I cut up. You can always just go wander the back of autozone and find something to trim to fit

7Lemons

Established Member
It's been a while, but 2 weeks ago I had my car with newly built engine at a dyno tune and was able to try a mushroom filter from siliconintakes.com - and the results were quite eye opening...not in a good way! After all was finished it was putting down 816whp@7600 on a Mustang chassis dyno. I switched for one last run to the mushroom filter right on my supercharger housing (eliminating the long tube over top my valve cover etc) and I LOST 76HP, showing it was really starved for air. Even with the tube my K&N filter was too small and the car would pick up another 20-30 HP with the proper size (a little bigger, but then I can't fit the strut tower brace). Just a point of data for anyone...

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm curious about the results. I looked on the siliconeintakes site and there is no info about the filters. At $15.00, they are very cheap when compared with the nearly $150.00 HKS filter. Could this be an obvious answer as to why it performed poorly? What are the dimensions of the filter you used?

Last edited:

7Lemons

Established Member
I used this one: Air Filter Media

You're right there's no info about them, but then again from a LOT of air filter searching it's not easy to find filter air flow volumes without calling around and finding someone on the "inside" who is knowledgeable. This one was especially alarming as I lost that much power AND the filter I'm comparing it to from K&N is quite a bit smaller already than what is supposed to be there! So... I definitely want another run with the larger K&N as I'm pretty sure it will pick up a little more power with it.

Users who are viewing this thread