Musclecarresort & The BYEPOLR Notch Get Moody

BYEPOLR

Established Member
The exact color I wanted
Image1618533835.360694.jpg

BYEPOLR

Established Member
So yes, as we speak they are currently sanding everything completely back down piece by piece and we’re starting over...because Joe pointed at the wrong chip. So there’s that

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
A friend of mine that restores cars did a frame off on a 1970 442W30. Completely finished the rolling chasse including motor, trans, wheels tires everything but sitting the body down on the frame. He saw some pitting on the top of the frame rails that he had not smoothed over. Took the frame back apart to have the frame sanded back down just to get the pits out that would have never been seen anyway. When the body was back on the frame it would have covered the pits.
I feel for you guys with that kind of compulsory.

BYEPOLR

Established Member
A friend of mine that restores cars did a frame off on a 1970 442W30. Completely finished the rolling chasse including motor, trans, wheels tires everything but sitting the body down on the frame. He saw some pitting on the top of the frame rails that he had not smoothed over. Took the frame back apart to have the frame sanded back down just to get the pits out that would have never been seen anyway. When the body was back on the frame it would have covered the pits.
I feel for you guys with that kind of compulsory.
I guess it’s more of a “can’t put a price on doing things right” thing. Whether the mistake costs $5 or $6000 it has to be done right. It just hurts more when it’s the $6000 variety. I’m just thankful it’s my car and not a customer build. I’d be telling them “plain silver looks pretty good don’t you think??” Lol

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
So yes, as we speak they are currently sanding everything completely back down piece by piece and we’re starting over...because Joe pointed at the wrong chip. So there’s that

Ugh that’s a hard pill! But the other color was nice. At least you aren’t having the paint separation problem my buddy is having on his 67. Color was releasing from the primer, a PPG problem. Should be back out of paint this week maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
And by the way, holy shit on the engine pictures! That is a work of art

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Ugh that’s a hard pill! But the other color was nice. At least you aren’t having the paint separation problem my buddy is having on his 67. Color was releasing from the primer, a PPG problem. Should be back out of paint this week maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
That’s wild bro. Thankfully I know it will be done right and I’m more thankful that I’ve established a mutual relationship with the shop where they’ll keep me in the front of the line even though I don’t deserve it
And by the way, holy shit on the engine pictures! That is a work of art

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

it’s going to be a very memorable bay for certain

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Wait...is anyone supposed to believe you plan to leave this thing alone for the next 20 years after this build??
Seems a tall order for someone whose mind works the way yours seems to.
Good luck!!
So that he just drives and enjoys this BA coupe, I’m trying to stick a teal ‘93 Cobra under his microscope at some point :)
Keep kicking butt Joe!
-J

Users who are viewing this thread