Multiple Fuel Leaks after Lethal Budget Plus Return Fuel System Install

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
Update:

Earl's conical seals appear to have fixed all four leaks. We didn't end up having to replace any of the hose ends on the feed or return lines.

We did replace the -8 hose from the regulator to the stock fuel rail. the pre-made line supplied with the kit was a few inches shorter than it needed to be. We were able to connect it but it was pulled tight and did not allow for any movement from the motor. Lethal had advised that the line was 33" long and is made to work with the stock blower. I have a kenne bell and according to them, that is the reason it was short. I have no issue with that answer other than that information is not disclosed anywhere when you are purchasing the kit from their website. Maybe there should be an option to order different length regulator to rail hose based on what blower you have. I ended up ordering some hose and hose ends from summit and made a new line.

car is going for a tune on tuesday. trying to work out one last kink. i have a check engine light with P0234 ( Eng Ovr Boot Con) and P1233 (FPDM Disabled/Offline). car runs and drives fine. i can reset the light and it stays off until the next time i start the car then it comes back. anyone have any ideas?

IllCobra

Established Member
I'm amazed that the lethal kits come with the lines preassembled, so do they give you a specific routing that you must run as well?

I'm thankful that a vendor/member here talked me into going Fore originally, he said the price difference was minimal but the quality difference was substantial
Where did you purchase the Fore fuel system from? I planned on going Lethal, but after reading this thread, I think I'll take your route.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Update:

Earl's conical seals appear to have fixed all four leaks. We didn't end up having to replace any of the hose ends on the feed or return lines.

We did replace the -8 hose from the regulator to the stock fuel rail. the pre-made line supplied with the kit was a few inches shorter than it needed to be. We were able to connect it but it was pulled tight and did not allow for any movement from the motor. Lethal had advised that the line was 33" long and is made to work with the stock blower. I have a kenne bell and according to them, that is the reason it was short. I have no issue with that answer other than that information is not disclosed anywhere when you are purchasing the kit from their website. Maybe there should be an option to order different length regulator to rail hose based on what blower you have. I ended up ordering some hose and hose ends from summit and made a new line.

car is going for a tune on tuesday. trying to work out one last kink. i have a check engine light with P0234 ( Eng Ovr Boot Con) and P1233 (FPDM Disabled/Offline). car runs and drives fine. i can reset the light and it stays off until the next time i start the car then it comes back. anyone have any ideas?
Where is the regulator mounted in relation to the fuel rail? Does the line have to go around the elbow? It's not like the fuel rail position changes with the blower. The stock rail inlet is in the same spot no matter what blower is used.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Where did you purchase the Fore fuel system from? I planned on going Lethal, but after reading this thread, I think I'll take your route.
Plenty of good vendors on here. I buy my parts from Jason aka TRBO VNM.

Fore is top notch parts.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
Where is the regulator mounted in relation to the fuel rail? Does the line have to go around the elbow? It's not like the fuel rail position changes with the blower. The stock rail inlet is in the same spot no matter what blower is used.

the regulator is mounted on the driver side of the engine compartment just behind the strut tower. i though the same, that it shouldn’t matter which blower i’m using.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I picked mine up from Malcolm as well. However, after installing a couple systems I would highly recommend trying to get an idea of how you want to run the system and get the fittings separately. I'd still get the hat and rails from Fore, but next time I'll order the fittings and hose on their own.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Update:

Your tune needs to be setup for return style. That is why you are getting codes. Let your tuner know and it's a quick fix.

IllCobra

Established Member
I picked mine up from Malcolm as well. However, after installing a couple systems I would highly recommend trying to get an idea of how you want to run the system and get the fittings separately. I'd still get the hat and rails from Fore, but next time I'll order the fittings and hose on their own.
Where would you purchase the fittings and hoses from?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Where would you purchase the fittings and hoses from?
You can order them from Fore. But I went through Summit for the extra fittings and hose I needed. Turn the fitting so the words can't be seen and no one will know where you got them from.

IllCobra

Established Member
You can order them from Fore. But I went through Summit for the extra fittings and hose I needed. Turn the fitting so the words can't be seen and no one will know where you got them from.
I see.
Did you go series or parallel for your fuel rail? I feel like I am going to be doing some heavy research before going through with the purchase. I thought the hardest part was going to be selecting the fuel pump and wiring everything in.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I see.
Did you go series or parallel for your fuel rail? I feel like I am going to be doing some heavy research before going through with the purchase. I thought the hardest part was going to be selecting the fuel pump and wiring everything in.
Series as a dead head system. The feed connects to the front of the passenger rail and and crossover is behind the blower.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm running a dead head setup with the factory fuel rail. Initially, I had a Fore level 1 return system. Later I upgraded to a level 2 basically and switched to a dead head.

So I basically had to do my fuel system twice....

I never thought I'd run E85.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

cj428mach

Established Member
I see.

Check Malcolmv8's post on a fuel temps, there was a ton of discussion on fuel systems, plumbing and routing in that thread. Last I knew Malcolm went away from a dead head setup in order to get better warm starts but he plumbed in a fuel cooler to help keep temps low.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Check Malcolmv8's post on a fuel temps, there was a ton of discussion on fuel systems, plumbing and routing in that thread. Last I knew Malcolm went away from a dead head setup in order to get better warm starts but he plumbed in a fuel cooler to help keep temps low.

I wonder how much of that was his set up? Not taking anything away from Malcolm as I know he's an awesome tuner and has no fear in trying new things. But I'm running dead head and don't have warm start issues. Granted I spent some time on that part of the tune. But I think a couple people on here are still dead head with no real issue.

I'd be curious to know if it might be an injector issue too. Especially if he was still running the stock priming set up. I knew a guy that had a big turboed fox that would have hot start issues. Turned out to be the pump wiring. He had it set up to prime like stock. Once the injectors fired they would drain the rail and then the pump would have to catch back up. They set up the pump to come on full time and it started just fine every time after that. I don't remember how big the injectors were. But it was a 363 inch stroker with a single turbo in the neighborhood of 1000rwhp on E85. So they had to have been big.

It might be one of those things that works differently on each car.

cj428mach

Established Member
I wonder how much of that was his set up? Not taking anything away from Malcolm as I know he's an awesome tuner and has no fear in trying new things. But I'm running dead head and don't have warm start issues. Granted I spent some time on that part of the tune. But I think a couple people on here are still dead head with no real issue.

I'd be curious to know if it might be an injector issue too. Especially if he was still running the stock priming set up. I knew a guy that had a big turboed fox that would have hot start issues. Turned out to be the pump wiring. He had it set up to prime like stock. Once the injectors fired they would drain the rail and then the pump would have to catch back up. They set up the pump to come on full time and it started just fine every time after that. I don't remember how big the injectors were. But it was a 363 inch stroker with a single turbo in the neighborhood of 1000rwhp on E85. So they had to have been big.

It might be one of those things that works differently on each car.

There maybe a difference in standards as well. If the car doesn't start in 1/2 an engine revolution like stock, he's not happy lol. Me on the other hand have my car crank a few licks when warm and am ok with it.

Venom351R

Established Member
I bought a return style fuel system over the winter with the plans of going with a bigger blower shortly after. Just didn't want to do the BAP / Pumps only route with as old as the rest of these fuel systems are getting. Got in touch with 04Sleeper and bought the Fore level 1 return system for a good price. Not saying anything bad about the Lethal system just that I know Fore is a big name in the return fuel system game.

Badaz01

Established Member
Update:

I know this has been a while but are those conical seals still holding. I just developed a leak from the female end of my return line out of the regulator. It’s coming out of the hole on the female swivel with those little ball bearings. Trying to fix without have to cut the line since it runs from there clear to my tank it may be to short if I cut it.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I know this has been a while but are those conical seals still holding. I just developed a leak from the female end of my return line out of the regulator. It’s coming out of the hole on the female swivel with those little ball bearings. Trying to fix without have to cut the line since it runs from there clear to my tank it may be to short if I cut it.
If it's PTFE you can disassemble the fitting and remove it from the hose without cutting anything.

Users who are viewing this thread