muffs question

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
You don't lose anything. Axle backs are for sound and weight.

Im not sure how axleback restriction doesnt applies to 5.0s but I watched a video that shows a 8 rwhp difference between a 2 chamber and 3 chamber muffler. Its actually the same muffler but you can change the muffling ability apparently.

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

I have always had good luck with Ultra Flows but haven't heard anyone using them on this car. They also make a muffler that has a spring loaded flap inside any news on that?

kinda what I was thinking.
I looked at the dyno max ultra flows. but I think I would need to glass packs for resonators to bring it down some more.

N20D5OH

Established Member
Im not sure how axleback restriction doesnt applies to 5.0s but I watched a video that shows a 8 rwhp difference between a 2 chamber and 3 chamber muffler. Its actually the same muffler but you can change the muffling ability apparently.

I have a hard time believing 8 rwhp at the wheels from mufflers.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I have a hard time believing 8 rwhp at the wheels from mufflers.

:shrug: idk....i do find it hard to believe that a straight through design like the roush have no performance gain compared to stock mufflers.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
well I did put my steeda's on first. first mod. was only slightly louder. wasn't till I got the or/x and deleted resonators did it get loud.
I couldn't tell any difference from stock to just steeda's when bone stock.

Users who are viewing this thread