Mufflers with the least rasp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex3610

Established Member
Currently have Roush axle backs. Even with everything else stock, at higher RPM they sound too raspy / trumpety / farty (I think I'm just making up words now. I plan on either doing cat deletes or an off road H pipe, and I know this will only exacerbate the problem. So which mufflers will give me the least possible rasp when running without cats? I'm thinking Borla S-Types, but the only video I found with them and no cats also had the stock resonators removed, and there was still some rasp. Anyone have that setup? (Borla S-Type, stock resonators, off road h pipe?) Thanks guys!

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I like my flowmasters. YouTube "boostaholic01" there are a few videos of my car. Or search "Aed e85 Paxton" should pull up my car

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
The stock mufflers on my 2014 were raspy/trumpeting bad at more than half throttle after removing cats and resonators. It was ugly....yuck!

Replaced them with Magnaflow Street axlebacks. Perfection! Deep idle tone, old school muscle growl, very nice WOT.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
The stock mufflers on my 2014 were raspy/trumpeting bad at more than half throttle after removing cats and resonators. It was ugly....yuck!

Replaced them with Magnaflow Street axlebacks. Perfection! Deep idle tone, old school muscle growl, very nice WOT.

Yea once you remove the resonators it gets damn raspy. Had to put dynomax bullets in to get rid of the rasp.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I never liked my GT500 mufflers with the ORX pipe. Sounded way to raspy at everything other then idle.

autoxstang

Coyote Lover
Established Member
I never liked my GT500 mufflers with the ORX pipe. Sounded way to raspy at everything other then idle.

Really? I have that exact setup and it's not raspy at all. Coming from a 2009 GT500 which every muffler I put on it sounded raspy.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
/\Yeah, to me it didn't sound good at all. Maybe raspy is the wrong term, just sounded like bla bla noise. And I do still have my resonators.

The Guz

Established Member
gt500s + no cats = RASP!

i have cat deletes with dynomax race bullets in place of resonators, with no mufflers, and they sound great. just a little louder then most would like.......SO add 2 more where the mufflers were :p PERFECT lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread