Muffler suggestions on my 07 GT500

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
I have the below mods with a off road catless X pipe. Mufflers are the KR Mufflers

Too loud for me so for a quick fix found a stock set of OEM Mufflers (had thrown my OEM's away a long time ago) for $150 shipped for a quick temp fix. Who knows this may be fine

What mufflers are quiter with my set up than the KR but louder than stock?

The KR's had way too much snap, crackle and pop for my taste.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Noise is so subjective. With the 2011+ cars, the pipe diameter changed from 2.5" to 2.75", so it made it worse. I had the same issue with my 2012 with a 5.8, cams and long tubes. I had Borla Tourings on it and I had to go back to OEM exhaust. I've since installed 18" resonators after the mid pipe and put the Borla's back on. It may work with your KR mufflers. I went with Vibrant Performance for resonators.

Harry08

Established Member
08-09 Mustang Bullitt mufflers. I have them on my 08 with a catless H. Nice rumble great when accelerating but no popping or crackle. OEM quality, nice tips.

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
Great advice !! Wouldnt have thought of that. Also trying to quite it down. Any clue in difference between the bullitt mufflers and what I have, the KR mufflers

Harry08

Established Member
I also like the fact that since the Bullitt muffler is OEM it has the small drain/weephole at the back of the muffler that lets the condensation drip out upon startup. I know most of the aftermarket does not have the weep hole. I reslize the condensation does not affect anything but Ford put it there for a reason.

Palmer

Established Member
I had Corsa Extremes and they were great until I went to the off-road H-pipe. I have Magnaflows now and I really like them. They’re reasonably quieter, but still have a good tone.

Users who are viewing this thread