mt82 to 6R80 step by step with pics

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I have been around mustangs for awhile. Every stick shift mustang has issues. Its not just the mt82. There are a bunch of tsbs for the t-5, t45,3650. Grinding, cold issues. Lots of stuff. Gotta remember the internet was not so main stream as it is now. I saw a lot of older mustangs with trans issues more than this new mt82. We had one mt82. 3rd was beat up. Due to the owner keeping the shifter pushed down. It miss aligns the engagement.

acrbill

Established Member
The dealer.

Yeah.. I already did that and the cost is insane. People tend to forget about depreciation, all of the loan interest paid, the tax you paid on the car, the tax you will pay on the new one and so on.

If the swap was easier I would consider it but as of now St. Louis is a bit too far.

Flaco1

Established Member
Nice info. Keep it coming. I know before I started to mod my mustang I went to the dealer to trade it in for an auto and they where trying to rape me. So I kept it and just kept and started to mod it. Sometimes I wish I had an auto but it going to cost some much but this make me better even if I could do it all for around $3000.

bob450

Established Member
xxbmxlsxx are the truck 6r80s the same?

unfortunatly i can not answer to this question but i hope yes (the v6 also )
i dont know on ford site there is different part number list for each model i read the truck have one more cluthch disc on first gear.. to be check
when you look at the Exedy Stage 2 6R80 Friction Kit it seems to fit all model
Exedy Stage 2, Exedy Stage 1 6R80 Friction Kits are our answer for the daily driven Mustang up to 500 HP

i also read the pick have an external trans controller but i canot confirm i dont know if the trans connector is the same?:shrug:

if a transmission geek can answer it would be appreciate :beer:
thank:rockon:

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
xxbmxlsxx are the truck 6r80s the same?

unfortunatly i can not answer to this question but i hope yes (the v6 also )
i dont know on ford site there is different part number list for each model i read the truck have one more cluthch disc on first gear.. to be check
when you look at the Exedy Stage 2 6R80 Friction Kit it seems to fit all model
Exedy Stage 2, Exedy Stage 1 6R80 Friction Kits are our answer for the daily driven Mustang up to 500 HP

i also read the pick have an external trans controller but i canot confirm i dont know if the trans connector is the same?:shrug:

if a transmission geek can answer it would be appreciate :beer:
thank:rockon:

I heard someone say if your stock trans goes. Get a raptor trans

KidMoney

Established Member
This thread is awesome! I'm going to be doing this swap in my 2011 Shelby as soon as we can figure out what all is needed. Doing this is a way better option than any manual trans, and cheaper. The 6R80 is the best thing to happen to a Mustang since the 5.0!

bob450

Established Member
Today i started my engine with my manual ecu i trick the auto harness with manual harness clutch pedal wires. When auto trans is unplug you can drive it in full manual operation call fail save mode to be honest with you i am not going drag race in this emergency situation but i can check for leaks i will post pics on how to trick harness later but for now everithing is looking good. I am waiting my new ecu th auto is call eec for electronic engine control to be sure i order with rdb2 strategie code cr3z-12a650-afa

3 oh 2

Established Member
Today i started my engine with my manual ecu i trick the auto harness with manual harness clutch pedal wires. When auto trans is unplug you can drive it in full manual operation call fail save mode to be honest with you i am not going drag race in this emergency situation but i can check for leaks i will post pics on how to trick harness later but for now everithing is looking good. I am waiting my new ecu th auto is call eec for electronic engine control to be sure i order with rdb2 strategie code cr3z-12a650-afa

Can you just reflash the original EEC from a manual to auto ??

bob450

Established Member
Expert say no because auto have one more chip to operate trans but i think maybe you can flash auto to operate manual to be validate....

saunupe1911

Established Member
Are these parts based upon the 2012 5.0 or 2013/14 with the select shift auto 6R80. I would love to convert my 2012 to the select shift auto shifter.

Users who are viewing this thread