MT82 Stuck In 4th

OddConsonants

Established Member
Old account, don’t post much. Getting right to it -

Think I busted a shift fork last night. MT82 while shifting 4th to 5th (no horseplay). Trans is stuck in 4th gear while stick is stuck in Neutral position, very little play and feels/looks like blocked from going over towards 1st-2nd/reverse. I can still push stick down (reverse) but no side/side or back/forth movement.

•Shifted out of 4th - no problem

•Move stick through any gates including back into 4th - not happening

Thoughts?

clinton2003

Established Member
ya, your fork pads are gone. time to pull it and have ben calimer go through it. or upgrade to a t56 magnum or t6060. (i'd do 6060 if it were my car)

i had 2 transmissions replaced under warranty, then bought a built mt82.... by the time i rebuilt it another time i could have just gotten a 6060 or t56 originally. food for thought.

Reaper14

Established Member
ya, your fork pads are gone. time to pull it and have ben calimer go through it. or upgrade to a t56 magnum or t6060. (i'd do 6060 if it were my car)

i had 2 transmissions replaced under warranty, then bought a built mt82.... by the time i rebuilt it another time i could have just gotten a 6060 or t56 originally. food for thought.
So mt82 rebuild/built not worth it?

Vic

clinton2003

Established Member
it is if you like the gearing of it. I did a stage 2 (rem and cryo gears/shafts) and it lasted a full year of about 1000 flywheel hp, an agressive unsprung hub clutch (RXT), and no lift shifting. Not sure which hurt it worse (assuming the unsprung hub clutch) but the trans didnt last very long. Not saying the 6060 would last any longer, but you can get the rxt 1200, which is a sprung hub clutch for it... so i'd assume it'd last a lot longer. (think of how many 1000+ Shelby's are out there)

That being said, he has a new gearset out that is supposed to be stronger, plus has some different gearing options (could be a lot better) I do like the fact that the new mt82 has a 1:1 4th vs 5th... Supposedly they made em with beefier gears, but weaker shift forks.. (idiots)

I guess what im saying is price out your options. Many different ways you can go.

Users who are viewing this thread