MT street comps or Nitto Invos?

GS357

Established Member
Has anyone run both of these tires that could comment on the differences? Traction, ride quality, noise, appearance, etc.

PC03GT

Established Member
I run 285/35/19 sport comps on my front 19x9.5 rtr's, I can't complain they handle great and are not noisy. I also like the look of tire they fit just right.

Tx5.0

Established Member
I've had them both on my 350z, the invos first and they lasted about 50k miles. The traction was good but the street comps are just a little bit better imo. The car is just loud regardless so I cant give any input on the noise. Ride quality sucks in the car anyway so no input there either haha. Appearance would have to go to the invos with that crazy design on them. Ive had the steet comps on for about 6 months and they are doing just fine. They are a bit cheaper than than invos though and seem like they have more tread as well. I think I would go with the street comps again over the invos.

scott_0

Established Member
sorry I haven't run the Invos, but I did run the street comps (255 40 19 and 285 35 19) for over two years, they were decent for the first 6 months, after that they were noisey and offered no traction with my just over 400rwhp. I'm now running Michelin Pilot Super Sports (255 40 19 and 295 35 19) there is no comparison, get good tires man, don't skimp, you get what you pay for

Last edited:

GS357

Established Member
Good info, thanks. I plan to run the AMR wheel in a 20x10 with a 48mm offset. The sport comps would be a 305/35/20 and the Invo would be a 295/35/20. Fronts will be a 255/35/30 either way. Both should fit inside the wheel well but the 305 will be close.

Clipboard

Established Member
I'd go Nittos...I ran the Street Comps and didn't care for them much. Traction was worse then the stock PZeros.

i love the invos. However, they are a luxury sports tire and are meant for low noise and comfortable driving not really performance. If i were to choose a DD sports tire i would do MPSS for cornering if thats what you like or extreme contact dw for straight line traction on the street for DD.

Angry50

Established Member
i love the invos. However, they are a luxury sports tire and are meant for low noise and comfortable driving not really performance. If i were to choose a DD sports tire i would do MPSS for cornering if thats what you like or extreme contact dw for straight line traction on the street for DD.

I have the Extreme contact DW and like them. Work really well in the rain too. but like they said MPSS is rated #1 for that reason of being a great handling tire that you can DD

Vert

Established Member
They are an ok of a tire, just depends what HP you're putting down. With my set up, they would spin up to 30mph when new, then after 2k miles they would spin when I would go wot at 50. I have 10k on them now and they are to the wear lines so they wear fast with aggressive driving.

clc44

Established Member
I don't care for the mt as far as their dry traction. I had cooper tires in a much smaller size and they were better. I'm going nt05r or pss next time.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I ran Nitto NT555 (555R's in the rear for about 2 years before going plain NT555 on all 4 corners) on my Lightning, and I've had Invo's on my M Roadster (S52) and they were great tires, loads of lateral traction, great in the rain ect. My cousin has Invos on his Viper, he likes them but they don't hook as well accelerating from a stop as the NT555 (especially the 555R).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread