MT State trooper shot and killed during traffic stop

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I hope they catch the POS who did this. How incredibly sad, he had his whole life ahead of him. :nonono:

MHP Trooper shot and killed outside Three Forks - The Bozeman Daily Chronicle: News

Montana Highway Patrol Trooper David DeLaittre, 23, was shot and killed while on duty outside Three Forks this evening, according to the Gallatin County Sheriff's Office.

The gunman remains at large. More than 100 state and local law enforcement officials are searching for a suspect authorities initially identified as Errol Brent Bouldin, 56, who is believed to be driving a 1999 green Ford F-250.
Bouldin is described as 6 feet 1 inch tall and wearing a ball cap, a tan Carhartt-type jacket and blue jeans.
However, Gallatin County Sheriff Jim Cashell would not identify a particular suspect in the slaying.
"I'm not going to do anything that jeopardizes us catching this guy," Cashell said Wednesday evening.
The shooting happened during a traffic stop around 4:30 in the afternoon about one half-mile from the Three Forks airport. Bouldin may be heading north on Highway 287.
DeLaittre attended Three Forks High School and was sworn in as a trooper in November of 2008, according to the Association of Montana Troopers. His parents are Dennis and Nancy DeLaittre, of Three Forks. He has two little sisters, Rebecca and Hannah.
Before joining the patrol, DeLaittre worked as a mechanic for Tour America RV.
According to the troopers association, DeLaittre "chose the patrol because he wanted to work for the most respected law enforcement agency in Montana."
When he was sworn in, his dad pinned the badge on his son.
For more details, keep checking The Bozeman Daily Chronicle: Serving Southwest Montana Since 1911 tonight and see tomorrow's Chronicle.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Article was blocked,., did the suspect take his own life?

R.I.P. and prayers to the troopers family, very sad

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Wow that is aweful

I was just watching a show on nation geographic channel about that county 2 nights ago.
They were talking about some of the wild shit that happens in that county.

Crazy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread