MT ET Street R vs ET Street Radial Pro

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Which one do you guys recommend and why? Car is a 13 GT 6R80 with a Gen 2R TVS, power is probably in the 600-625whp range. I have plans in the future to pulley down but the car will never make over 700ish hp. These tires will be dedicated for the strip only with minimal driving on the street. The tire size I plan to run is 275/60/15.

I realize at my power level I dont need the Pros but they are literally less than 10 bucks more per tire. From what I have read they are both the same compound, are there any other differences other than the fact the Street Rs have more grooves? Looking forward to hearing some real world feedback on both of these tire. Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone.

Leonard

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
You can't go wrong with the pro for the track but it does not work too well for the street unless you are only going a short distance. I am concerned about picking up a nail with the pro or a slick on the street. I run the pro at the track on 15s and the ss for the street on a 20. The car will still run well on the ss but not as good as the pro. Our power level is different though, I am at 800 rw.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
From what I've read, the grooves are the only difference. Both have a dot stamp, but the Pros do say "Not for highway use" on them. I drove on Pros all summer in 16'. 2+ hours each way to the track multiple times.

The last two years I've taken it a step further and drove on Pro Bracket Radials street and track. They are fantastic. So much grip everywhere.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Thanks guys, decided I'm going to go with the Pros. Seems like a no brainier choice since they will be only used at track.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Mercuryfox50

Established Member
Its my understanding that the ET Street Radial Pro and ET Street R (radial sizes) are manufactured with the same carcass materials and have the same tread compound. The ET Street Radial Pro was engineered specifically for off-road use (Drag Racing) and are not approved for highway use. The ET Street R on the other hand is indeed approved for highway use and is essentially a "street legal" version of the ET Street Radial Pro. I would suggest contacting the manufacture's technical department to verify the best product to suit your needs.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Its my understanding that the ET Street Radial Pro and ET Street R (radial sizes) are manufactured with the same carcass materials and have the same tread compound. The ET Street Radial Pro was engineered specifically for off-road use (Drag Racing) and are not approved for highway use. The ET Street R on the other hand is indeed approved for highway use and is essentially a "street legal" version of the ET Street Radial Pro. I would suggest contacting the manufacture's technical department to verify the best product to suit your needs.
Thanks, I went with the ET Street Pro Radial and no regrets. Have had them on the highway and they drive perfectly fine.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Et street r bias smoke the radial pro have had them both I will never buy a radial pro again
Sir, you may want to check your bottle for leaks. It might be leaking into the cabin causing you be delusional.

Only kidding of course, we're all entitled to opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread