MT Drag Radials

J's98Snake

Established Member
I'm running a set of MT DR, 275/15s. I cannot get these tires to stick at all.

My car is a 5-spd, I used to run 26x10 slicks and cut 1.5 60s all day long. Best 60 I can cut with the MT DRs is a 2.0.

It doesn;t matter if I leave easy or soft, I spin through the 330 mark.

What PSI should I be running with the MT DRs?

Evo2SVT

Established Member
13 on a radial is to low. Start at 20 and work your way down. Don't go any lower then 16. They will never hook as well as the slick

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
Mine worked best at 15 psi with garbage track prep... And I still spun like crazy.:nonono:

Either way, slipping/bogging the car...

Best advice I can give you is to put a GOOD amount of heat into them.

Just a minor bolt on N/A 96 Cobra.

mtrsprt

Established Member
You need weight transfer. Put some adjustable struts, or 90/10's up front. DR's hate manuals with street suspensions.

Molonlabemike

Established Member
I start with 13 psi which after a burnout brings them to about 15psi give or take. So far that psi has worked best. Bias ply tires are a better choice for us stick guys.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Drag radials are tricky

I have seen many tests on drag radials of all different types some say run 25 psi some say run 16 psi. It is really what ever you test and find that works. Last time I was at the track I was cutting 1.7s all day with NT05s and finally started messing with the pressures and launch RPM. My suspension consists of Lakewood 90/10 struts in the front with a sway bar delete and two coil removed eibach drag springs. Rear suspension is a cut and welded cobra sway bar, 2000 gt springs one coil removed, some old steeda box control arms with polyethane bushings and some worn out mach 1 shocks. I also have a modified stock diff. Grinded down side gears with extra clutch packs on each side. My one 1.66 foot I got resulting in my PB was with a 4200 rpm launch with my tire pressures at 15 psi. This run I went around the burn out box back into the water and burned the tires until I saw smoke in front of me and then rolled out of it. Car lifted the front tires on this run pretty weird feeling the first time. I spun a little to keep from bogging to bad. If you spin lower the rpms if you bog raise the rpms. My two sense. Good Luck and keep at it. By the way hell a good numbers in the sig that is impressive for a old B head car.

Users who are viewing this thread