MT-82 5.0 owners...

OhIIICobra

Established Member
A couple guys on modded mustangs forum have had clutch failures already. One apparently at just 2K RPM with "exploded pressure plate/clutch assembly". After reading the one guys post sounds like his original clutch engagement was jacked like it wasn't engaging until the halfway point of pedal travel. The one 2011 5.0 I test drove the other day was engaging a couple inches off the floor like a new car should.

Huge Clutch Problem

Question for you new 6-speed manual owners:

A. Have you had any clutch issues at all?

B. Current Mileage?

C. Did you make an effort to take it easy on the clutch during break-in?

Does the new 5.0 owners manual state anything specific regarding clutch break-in?

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
A couple guys on modded mustangs forum have had clutch failures already. One apparently at just 2K RPM with "exploded pressure plate/clutch assembly". After reading the one guys post sounds like his original clutch engagement was jacked like it wasn't engaging until the halfway point of pedal travel. The one 2011 5.0 I test drove the other day was engaging a couple inches off the floor like a new car should.

Huge Clutch Problem

B. Current Mileage?

Does the new 5.0 owners manual state anything specific regarding clutch break-in?

A. no

B. 1500

C. hell no

RSKtakR

Established Member

Huge Clutch Problem

B. Current Mileage?

A. none at all
B. 2600
C. most of the time, but after i got to 1k miles i started getting into it, 1500 miles was at the dragstrip.

Users who are viewing this thread