MS3Pro Tunerstudio

TT_99Cobra

Established Member
Anyone familiar with the MS3Pro and Tunerstudio? I am just getting my feet wet with the new ECU in the car and hoping to pick the brains of those with more knowledge than me. If you could take a look at these tables and let me know what changes should be made, that would be greatly appreciated. The car idles good at this point, but seems a bit rich. The motor is .020 over, twin 57mm turbos, Comp stage 3 cams, 80lb injectors, 15psi boost on the street with 93 octane. My end goal is to use the auto tune function, but I want to get the timing and AFR table dialed in the best I can first.

Attachments

• IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1308.jpg
    806.5 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1309.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    702.8 KB · Views: 135

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Tables look decent to me. I have all my cruise and part throttle areas set to 14.7. I would re-bin the VE table. I doubt you're going to see 300kpa. I think I top out at 220 at 18psi with a blower. You can expand the resolution at the lower end. Also bring your WOT timing down to about 100kpa. That's where I've found the crossover is on my set up. You might some wiggle room with the turbos, but better safe than sorry.

Are you running speed density or the MAF?

Last edited:

TT_99Cobra

Established Member
Tables look decent to me. I have all my cruise and part throttle areas set to 14.7. I would re-bin the VE table. I doubt you're going to see 300kpa. I think I top out at 220 at 18psi with a blower. You can expand the resolution at the lower end. Also bring your WOT timing down to about 100kpa. That's where I've found the crossover is on my set up. You might some wiggle room with the turbos, but better safe than sorry.

Are you running speed density or the MAF?

I appreciate the feedback. I'm running speed density.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
FWIW, I had better luck tuning the idle manually. Then I used autotune to get things initially going. Once the car was driveable I used VE Analyze in Megalog Viewer to finish it.

TT_99Cobra

Established Member
FWIW, I had better luck tuning the idle manually. Then I used autotune to get things initially going. Once the car was driveable I used VE Analyze in Megalog Viewer to finish it.

What is your timing at idle? Mine idles really smooth but seems really rich. The car barely even sounds cammed, which I know I’d rather have it idle smooth over hearing the lope, but some lope would be nice.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
What is your timing at idle? Mine idles really smooth but seems really rich. The car barely even sounds cammed, which I know I’d rather have it idle smooth over hearing the lope, but some lope would be nice.
It's around 16. I'd have to check what my correction is though. I think I gave it a couple degrees of swing to help keep it in control.

If it's warmed up and rich then pull some fuel in the VE table. You can see where the bubble sits.

GodStang

Established Member
my car is the same way. Stage III cams but it sounds stock. @01yellercobra has been working with me for a year and a half on the MS3 pro and knows his stuff.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
my car is the same way. Stage III cams but it sounds stock. @01yellercobra has been working with me for a year and a half on the MS3 pro and knows his stuff.

I think you've forgotten what a stock idle sounds like. The videos I've seen of your car do not sound stock. It might idle better with the MS3 due to being able to get a better handle on things though.

decipha

Established Member
just drop the idle rpm

my stock 03 marauder will rock the car side to side and is down right nastie at a stable 300 rpm idle.

Users who are viewing this thread