MRT H pipe

rpmchi86

Established Member
Anyone here have a catted h pipe from mrt, that can provide some input and possibly some sound/video clips.

I have a 2012 coyote. Borla s type. I went back to stock h pipe form the lethal performance. Loved the sound but got annoyed with the fumes after so long. So wanting to go catted h pipe and a buddy has a mrt except he's got a terminator. Obviously not same sound will be produced but I'm hoping mrt nailed it with the one for the 5.0s. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spectreman

Established Member
Perhaps not exactly what you're looking for, but to my ear, one of the best sounding systems out there:

I've read a few reviews, however, that were not kind to the catted MRT H pipe, claiming the cat disintegrated w/in a few thousand miles. Perhaps it had something to do w/the supercharger?

There's a few other vids on youtube about the catted MRT H pipe & the GT500, made by MRT.

rpmchi86

Established Member
Perhaps not exactly what you're looking for, but to my ear, one of the best sounding systems out there:

I've read a few reviews, however, that were not kind to the catted MRT H pipe, claiming the cat disintegrated w/in a few thousand miles. Perhaps it had something to do w/the supercharger?

There's a few other vids on youtube about the catted MRT H pipe & the GT500, made by MRT.

Yes, definitely sounds great. That's the issue can't find someone who has similar setup and not sure I wanna risk it 800 bucks lol. Thanks for the response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coosawjack

Established Member
I have an MRT H-Pipe with "Performance Cats".......TOP Quality and sounds great with my KOOKS Axle-Backs but was too loud for me with some Borla S-types I tried.......so you just might be happy!! No stench and pretty close to "Cat-less" H-pipe IMHO!!

Good Luck!!

nyuk98GT

Established Member
rpmchi86,

Not exactly what you asked about but it's an option to consider: the MRT after-cat H-pipe. I installed one and it is very well made, fits perfectly (almost, lol), and improves (deepens) the tone of the exhaust.

The 'almost perfectly' comment is because it is a smidge longer than the stock H-pipe. I had to trim about 1" off the tailpipes because the muffler tips stuck out too far for my liking. I like the tips poking out just a little. YMMV.

I was tempted to get the catted H-pipe but wimped out. :eek: Kinda kicking myself after reading Coosawjacks' post.

HTH,

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread