MRT Cobra System?

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Not familiar with their exhaust systems, but I find it interesting all these years later they're selling more than Mustang parts. I remember many years ago buying their hood struts. They were one of the first to offer and I still have them on my car.

If memory serves me it was started by a former Ford engineer. I remember he had something to do with the 2001 Bullitt, (I bought one new back in 01.) that was part of their story in the early days.

I guess the strictly Mustang meal ticket wasn't paying the bills. I wonder how many guys buying Camaro and Mopar parts know. In the beginning the company use to advertise the full name, Mustang Racing Technologies.

I apologize for adding useless info. to your thread OP and veering off subject, but I just haven't heard their name in awhile and it caught my attention.

Carry on!

thekanezzi

Established Member
I called mrt about this system to get more info. All I learned is that the mufflers are chambered and that they are similarly buit to flowmaster but sound "better." The tech couldnt refer me to any video clips except for examples on 2v cars.

Hopefully some one bites the bullet and makes a YouTube video

Users who are viewing this thread