Moving to Vegas

VENMS04

Established Member
moving to Vegas in August I have an 04 Cobra, Just wondering what are the tint, front license plate and smog laws there. Currently i have 5% tint all around no front license plate which is legal here in Kansas.

04RiceEater

Established Member
People here have pretty dark tint, not sure on the actual law though, your have to get it smogged here in Clarke county. You are ment to have a front license plate if your car can have one, but I have a 03 cobra and don't have one, haven't had any issues for the 2 years I've been here

VENMS04

Established Member
Thanks for the reesponse 04riceeater. I refuse to drill holes on my front bumper Im glad its not enforced

HMTDF

Established Member
Iwas with the Lyon county sheriffs office as a volunteer for 7 years. The tint law is 35 % for the front side windows and the front plate is not needed for 05 and newer vehicles to conform to federal law. No front plate on older vehicles if the officer wants to get pissy you can get ticketed. We have a few officers up in the northern end that are out to bust anyone anytime for any technical infraction they can find. Not sure about Vegas as Clark county does their own thing.

byeofcr

Established Member
Im a leo here, never given a front plate/tint ticket. Be aware that there are terrible drivers out here lol be safe on those roads.
Car needs to be smogged tho. Registration fees suck as well from jersey were it was one set fee here its based on the value of the car

Last edited by a moderator:

VENMS04

Established Member
Thanks everybody for the feedback. I will be working in North Las Vegas, but plan on living in Henderson. I will be using my 93 GT Hatchback as my daily driver how bad of a commute am i looking at.

04RiceEater

Established Member
Well you prob will be going up I-15 so the traffic can get pretty bad once you get north of the strip especially during rush hours. Prob 30-40 mins I would say but I don't travel that way so can't tell you for sure, perhaps someone else will chime in.

byeofcr

Established Member
Lol i do that everyday. Takes bout half an hour. I live in hendo, boulder and horizon area. I take the 95 to the 15. Not to bad usually til you get close to the spaghetti bowl, but i also leave for work at 6am. It gets pretty shitty early

Users who are viewing this thread