Moving To Kingsport Tennessee! Yea Buddy!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Any Tennessee guys in here that can chime in? Im gonna be retiring in a month (25 years) and making my way down to Kingsport Tennessee which is in the Northeast corner of Tennessee and im told its very conservative there and I hear Trump is still President there to lol. Freaking awesome!

I walked into Walmart and there were (3) dudes in the store carrying openly! Im like yea im in the right state! Finally my VOTE next go around will actually mean something vs. living in liberal democratic land where it means nothing ever!

No more CT taxes! **** u CT! Income tax, car tax, OUTRAGEOUS house taxes, liberal snowflakes taking all the police powers away! The monthly house taxes here in CT are as much as the mortgage payments. No BS! Not exaggerating at all!

I get a $22k RAISE as soon as I move to Tennessee. Yep, that how much LESS taxes I will be paying when u include house, car and income taxes paid here in CT. vs Tennessee.

Can u believe its illegal to pursue a Stolen car in CT as a Police Officer. Yea, some mope hops ur fence into ur yard and steals ur $50k vehicle u've worked ur whole life for practically and the Police just wave at car thieves as they go by! Cant ****ing wait to leave here!

And the weather is atrocious! Unlike Tennessee which probably has the best weather in the country! And my god the people are so freaking nice and respectful down there its really shocking! Like they say "Thank u " and "ur welcome" crazy! Southern hospitality is a REAL thing trust me being someone living in the Northeast my whole life.

No crime there either! And no freaking traffic ever! Even during rush hour its nutz!

Any Mustang guys in this area? I know there is a race track 20 minutes from my house at Bristol Speedway. Any of u guys ever race at that track?

What about cruise nights or cars and coffee locations and what about performance shops any of those in that area or do I need to travel to VA or Knoxville for that?

Howbout import shops that work on Audi's? Any recommendations for that as well? Thanx

Last edited:

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
First...CONGRATS on both what sounds like a successful retirement...AND an excellent choice where to reside.

East Tennessee is a truly unique area for it's scenery and most importantly its people and culture. Although, I love living in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia (presently)…Virginia is a "True Blue State" ruled by ALL the idiots who live in NOVA (Northern Virginia) who steel tax $s from the American People from ALL over in infinite ways, shapes and forms. Although...the immediate area around me, is Red as they come...and Trump IS STILL our President, I'd move to East Tennessee in a heartbeat, if I could.

ENJOY your new area, you will LOVE it! And CONGRATULATIONS, again!

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Congratulations on your retirement, quiet an accomplishment! Not sure if you are into Nascar at all but you will be close to Bristol, they may have a good car scene there.

T56LS102

Established Member
Congrats sir! My company has a location in Jackson, TN, I am very tempted to take that as an opportunity to get out of so cal, it has gotten horrible here!

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Congrats bro. I’m happy for you. You sound as excited as I was when I bought in Florida.
I’m not gonna lie or sugar coat it. I hope the blue states go down the toilet, go out of business and just die a painful death. The people in those shitholes deserve it. Sad thing is the red states lose more ground every day.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Kingsport is a nice area. I've been considering picking up some lake front property in TN with deep water access to the Gulf as a summer spot.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Can u believe its illegal to pursue a Stolen car in CT as a Police Officer. Yea, some mope hops ur fence into ur yard and steals ur $50k vehicle u've worked ur whole life for practically and the Police just wave at car thieves as they go by! Cant ****ing wait to leave here!

And the weather is atrocious! Unlike Tennessee which probably has the best weather in the country! And my god the people are so freaking nice and respectful down there its really shocking! Like they say "Thank u " and "ur welcome" crazy! Southern hospitality is a REAL thing trust me being someone living in the Northeast my whole life.

Liberals ruin everything they touch.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m so jealous. I can relate to everything you said as I’m stuck in the liberal neighboring state. Criminals legit have more freedoms then the law abiding citizens.

just curious what made you choose Tennessee?

Jaysin

Established Member
My brother lived in Kingsport for many years and loved it. I visited him there a few times and really enjoyed the area, has plenty of stuff around without feeling overly populated. He’s not a car guy and I never spent enough time there to know much about the scene. I stopped by there a couple years ago a road trip to Pittsburgh, they have a fast food chain called Pal’s which have awesome burgers, so I detoured to grab some food lol. Also ended up stumbling on a small car meet that day as well (was a Saturday afternoon), and saw a Ford GT which was totally unexpected and welcomed. My brother at one point said he never wanted to leave and planned on living there the rest of his life, but he works in construction and ended up moving out to Texas where he currently resides outside of Houston. I’d say he was in Kingsport close to 10 years. I know this probably doesn’t help much at all but it’s a nice city per my limited experience, and a very enjoyable city to live per my brothers experience actually living there for multiple years. Enjoy!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thanx Fellas! Yea I bought a House there with my moms about 10 years age and its now paid off so thats why im going there. I think I'll like it there but if not I can surely sell as houses sell in like 24 hours in the nice places down there. People flocking from cali I hear.

Sell there $900k condo on the beach to move to an Estate with Horses and stables lol.

I live on a coldesack and only 6 minutes from the hi way its freakn awesome!

Im ready to leave LE. Its just not a fun profession any longer. At least not here in CT. Mite look at PD's in Tennessee if I get bored. Only 49 so got some time.

But I'll probably be fishing, riding my motorcycle that im gonna buy when I get there or cruising my car daily lol so im sure Ill find shit to do daily.

Freaking E85 pump in town! in Town! What? Crazy! lol. Drag strip 20 minutes away. Some of the best fishing in the country. I think ill be ok. Wont know anyone but whatever lol

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Any Tennessee guys in here that can chime in? Im gonna be retiring in a month (25 years) and making my way down to Kingsport Tennessee which is in the Northeast corner of Tennessee and im told its very conservative there and I hear Trump is still President there to lol. Freaking awesome!

I walked into Walmart and there were (3) dudes in the store carrying openly! Im like yea im in the right state! Finally my VOTE next go around will actually mean something vs. living in liberal democratic land where it means nothing ever!

No more CT taxes! **** u CT! Income tax, car tax, OUTRAGEOUS house taxes, liberal snowflakes taking all the police powers away! The monthly house taxes here in CT are as much as the mortgage payments. No BS! Not exaggerating at all!

I get a $22k RAISE as soon as I move to Tennessee. Yep, that how much LESS taxes I will be paying when u include house, car and income taxes paid here in CT. vs Tennessee.

No crime there either! And no freaking traffic ever! Even during rush hour its nutz!

Any Mustang guys in this area? I know there is a race track 20 minutes from my house at Bristol Speedway. Any of u guys ever race at that track?

What about cruise nights or cars and coffee locations and what about performance shops any of those in that area or do I need to travel to VA or Knoxville for that?

Howbout import shops that work on Audi's? Any recommendations for that as well? Thanx

Don't have much to add beside an honest goodluck on your new endeavor. Looks like a nice place.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations Brett! I visited northeasten TN back in 2003 for a weekend. I totally enjoyed it. Like you said, the people are very hospitable and friendly. Very different from CT. I have to say I am totally surprised to find you're in LE. I had no idea.

If you've never been to Bristol Speedway, you've got to go. It's an experience you won't forget. Very unique speedway due to the steeply inclined seating. You feel like you're in a bowl.

1o1proof

Established Member
Kingsport is nice, my wifes family is from the area. There are a lot of car guys around and usually something going on at Bristol dragway.

@T56LS102 We live pretty close to Jackson and all I will say is, it is ok to work there but I wouldn't live there.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
My mother lives a few hours east of Memphis near Proctor, AR. She loves it but it rains A LOT! lol.. we are SoCal folks so all that rain and actual "seasons" takes some getting used to.

Congrats again, man. I need to go for a ride when that car gets done and i happen to be out visiting mom.

Users who are viewing this thread