Moving to Jacksonville

04RiceEater

Established Member
Hey guys, I will be moving to Jacksonville in the next couple of months, not sure on the exact date yet but wanted to see if there are any meets or get togethers that happen? Also if anyone knows I god shop to do work like pulley install, tuning etc? I have a black 03 Cobra, will have Nevada tags. Thanks guys.

ThomasL

Established Member
I am almost positive there is a Cars and Coffee event in JAX. I don't know the details as I've never been to it though.

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
I live in Jacksonville. I'm navy here and let me guess your moving from Fallon? Anyways we do have cars and coffee every Sunday, and there's a lot of Saturday night meets especially near the beach. Beware there's a lot of rice on the road here though and a crap load of camaros and mustangs

04RiceEater

Established Member
Moving from Vegas. Yea I visited for a few days last week and noticed a lot of rice, a lot of the here too in Vegas but not many mustangs about, I saw a 03 cobra vert several time while I was there, near the holiday inn on beach blvd in Jacksonville beach area, sounded good and was black with at least a heat exchanger. Is there a good shop u would recommend?

96svtcobra1

Established Member
Hurricane Performance in Orange Park (Town next to Jacksonville) for installs. Tuners Inc. for tuning. Those 2 shops do the majority of the work on mustangs here. My car goes no where else for work. Tony Gonyon at Tuners has been in the game forever. In house dyno and custom tunes. He does a few dyno days throughout the year too. There is a cruise in every sat evening - look up First Coast Car Council for the schedule. Then late night Saturdays there is unofficial street meets - look up jax car meets on FB. The 2 main mustang car clubs here are MMJAX and FCMM. I am in FCMM - we do cruises and events of some sort almost weekly. Also a member in SSP - smaller club of all makes and models of vehicles. We do stuff weekly as well. PM me if you want more specifics. BTW - nice car.

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
Hurricane Performance in Orange Park (Town next to Jacksonville) for installs. Tuners Inc. for tuning. Those 2 shops do the majority of the work on mustangs here. My car goes no where else for work. Tony Gonyon at Tuners has been in the game forever. In house dyno and custom tunes. He does a few dyno days throughout the year too. There is a cruise in every sat evening - look up First Coast Car Council for the schedule. Then late night Saturdays there is unofficial street meets - look up jax car meets on FB. The 2 main mustang car clubs here are MMJAX and FCMM. I am in FCMM - we do cruises and events of some sort almost weekly. Also a member in SSP - smaller club of all makes and models of vehicles. We do stuff weekly as well. PM me if you want more specifics. BTW - nice car.

what i was going to say, hurricane and tuners. both nearby and both do good work.

hittda1

There are 2 big events that I usually attend. The Cars and Coffee event is loacted at the Times Union Center the second saturday of every month. Also, the Main Street Cruise-In is located on Main Street and is the last Saturday of the month. MMJ (Modern Mustangs of Jax) attend both events every month. You will meet some good contacts wihtin that group.

clbailey

Established Member
I might be moving down to Jax or St Augustine for work... curious on areas that arent crapholes to live. Will have a black lab and 4 cars and a bike so looking for a house with a yard and pet friendly and a 2 car minimum garage. Where should I look?

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
I might be moving down to Jax or St Augustine for work... curious on areas that arent crapholes to live. Will have a black lab and 4 cars and a bike so looking for a house with a yard and pet friendly and a 2 car minimum garage. Where should I look?

argyle forest and orange park. thats where i live and no compliants. good neighborhoods.

usmc_mustang

Established Member
Moving here in Sept. We found a place in Fleming Island. Nice area and great schools if you have children. Good to know there are shops around even though I do most of my own stuff since the base has lifts.

Users who are viewing this thread