Moving to Ft. Lewis (Tacoma, WA), any dragstrips/tuners in the area??

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Like the title says. I'm active duty miltary and moving to Ft. Lewis in December. To all you guys in the Tacoma/Seattle, whats around? In terms of Dragstrips/tuners.

Thanks much.

mrose75

Established Member
I got up here in December, the Cobra came up in May. Haven't heard much on strip action but I've never tracked the car anyway. You've got the Horsepower Ranch for tuning, not too much of a drive away. I believe the Mustang Shop does you installs and such, which is a little further I think. There is another one in Seattle who's name escapes me right now. I'm sure some locals will chime in. Prepare for a butt load or rain. Summer is just about over. Oh, and 92 is the highest octane in the area. Are you driven it up or having it shipped?

Last edited by a moderator:

2k3gt

Established Member
I'm surprised YGOSLO didn't mention Pacific Raceway in Kent, I'm pretty sure it's the biggest drag strip in WA. It's on ESPN once a year for NHRA drags too. There's also a smaller track across the sound called Bremerton Raceway but it's MUCH smaller. Both 1/4 mile tracks though, check em out!

mrose75

Established Member
I didn't know the Pacific Raceways had a strip. I thought that was a road course. And I don't think I knew that the Bremerton track existed. Learn something new everyday.

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
LOL new guys to Wa. state. Get ready for the rain.

Seattle shop is Brads custom auto. They do good work

John at the Horse Power ranch is awesome. Knows his stuff has been tuning for years. Has a dyno and is just a nice guy.

If you new guys have any questions let me know i'll try to help out.

Not too much goes on as far as meets and such from what i have seen in wa. Not that many enthusiast SVT products roaming around either.....or at least not in the Renton area where i am most of the time

Last edited:

mrose75

Established Member
Well, I don't know what the standard meet is like, but I'd be willing to participate or maybe even help coordinate something. Of course this probably won't be until next year since the rain cometh!! Maybe some snow this weekend!!

Dusten

Established Member
There are plenty of L's and i know we get together once in a while, especially at the track

ManNmachine

John 3:16
Established Member
Anyone know if there are any good car shows or meets around Seatle Tacoma area? I been here about two months and I don't remember the rain holding up for a 48hrs or longer.

Users who are viewing this thread