Moving from WI-AZ

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
Hey everyone, my gf and I are moving to Mesa from Green Bay the first week of August. I have family and friends down there and am reaaallyyyy looking forward to settling in down there. Has anyone from Midwest moved down there? If so, we are most likely shipping my mustang and towing an enclosed trl behind my truck. How's the drive down? Can't wait for winters above 0.

MFE

Established Member
I moved to Chandler from KC 4 years ago. Love it. Drive was nice, but long. However...nobody in their right minds wants to be in Phoenix the first week of august. It's HOT. And it'll stay that way til the middle of September. So don't hold those next 6 weeks or so against us, by the middle of February you'll be laughing your ass off at your friends in Wisco.

Wharf Rat

Established Member
I moved to PHX from northern Illinois six years ago and haven't regretted it for 1 second. Ain't gonna lie though. That drive completely sucks. I've done it twice and have vowed to never do it again.

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
Yeah not looking forward to the drive, just wishing could fast forward to Aug. I have family down there I've been visiting since I was 12, I'm down for 3 months of hot as hell over 9 months of cold as hell!

wmfateam

Established Member
As long as you have ac and a shaded parking spot you will be fine. Into any form of racing?

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
Watching it in TV is boring to me hah, I went to a NASCAR race in Richmond VA few years back, I hear there's a track in PHX?

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I moved here to Chandler from Michigan back in 07. No regrets here. I kinda miss the color changes, grass, white christmas.... but I get over it. I am having a mustang shipped down from Michigan next week, I am using Reliable carriers enclosed trailer for a little over 1k. During the summer you get a good deal because all the snow birds are having their cars shipped back the opposite direction. The carriers need to haul something back....

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
I heard them and intercity are good as well. Never really got into racing my car, bought it 2 years ago then deployed for a year right away.

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
Well we got in yesterday, rains as soon as we get in haha. Sold the mach before we moved now in the market for a 5.0

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome to AZ, at least summer isn't going to be to much longer, are winter is awesome

Users who are viewing this thread