Mounting drag radials

niterydr

Established Member
I have a set of 275/50/15 MT ET Street's that I need mounted on a 15x8" rim. I usually take my tires up to the local Mr.Tire, but for a drag radial like this, I really don't trust them to do it correctly. So my question, is there anyone on here who can mount them or does anyone know of a very reputable shop some what local to the Pasadena area that can mount them?

Thanks for the help.

-Ron

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
There isnt much difference mounting a street tire, DR or slick. If they did a good job on your street tires I'd trust them to mount the DRs. Some places cant mount tires that are too large for their machine but Mr Tire shouldnt have a problem mounting that tire. They mounted a 305/35/18 DR for me, along with some 28" slicks.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
nothing special they really need to do... only thing id suggest is no letting them use any lube to help seat the beads they did this on my lightning when i dropped to a 26" drag radial on a 17 and i spun the beads half way around the rim

My94GT

Established Member
if anything its generally easier to mount a drag radial then a regular street tire. atleast thats what ive found. i wouldnt see why they couldnt do it.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I've heard the same thing with offroad tires, don't use the tire lube because you'll be running low pressures and the tire will just slip around the rim.

I would think a bigger tire with a softer sidewall going on a small wheel would be easy to mount. Talk about tough, it took my local Mr. Tire almost an hour to mount two 315/30/18 tires on an 18x10" rim lol. Said they had 3 guys working on it.

niterydr

Established Member
Alright, thanks everyone. I'll have to check on the lip of the rims. They should be at my front door tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow night they will be mounted and balanced. Then to the track friday night. . .hopefully nothing will break.

Users who are viewing this thread