Motortrend. Hellcat Charger V.S Tesla P85D

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
images

Didn't make that BTW, guess it's not a SVTP thing.

Looks like the Tesla is slower this year:
2014 MOTOR TREND: P85D 0-60 MPH - 3.1SEC, 1/4 MILE - 11.6 SEC @ 115.2 MPH

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
I will help out OP since he made a half ass thread ....

kaz109

Established Member
Thanks kaz ..
Great article. And I thought the faster tesla model went faster then 113?

Just because it is faster doesn't always mean a higher trap. It is faster because AWD so it cuts much better 60ft's but you have to take into consideration it weights 5k. This is the only time the hellcat will have a weight advantage lol.

I know I am in the minority ( nothing new here move along ppl lol) but I would rather have the much more expensive P85D! I love the Tesla inside and out plus like ppl say, Most of the runs that happen on the street are stoplight to stoplight right?? Even though ppl want to claim nothing is wrong with using the hwy like the autobahn and run to 140+ on a public roads because they need 60+ roll runs lol

kaz109

Established Member
I know there will be some ppl on this site that will say this test isn't even "fair" simply because of price lol

Panic661

Established Member
Just because it is faster doesn't always mean a higher trap. It is faster because AWD so it cuts much better 60ft's but you have to take into consideration it weights 5k. This is the only time the hellcat will have a weight advantage lol.

I know I am in the minority ( nothing new here move along ppl lol) but I would rather have the much more expensive P85D! I love the Tesla inside and out plus like ppl say, Most of the runs that happen on the street are stoplight to stoplight right?? Even though ppl want to claim nothing is wrong with using the hwy like the autobahn and run to 140+ on a public roads because they need 60+ roll runs lol

I'd take the Tesla, if I could afford it. I love the looks of the Tesla's in person, would seem to be a decent family vehicle, and can dodge some of the lunatics flying down I-5.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I'm with you on this one. I would take the Tesla hands down. Around town, where people drive it the most, it would be an absolute beast. But it's so much more expensive. I'm just not a big fan of the Hellcat Charger. I've never been able to accept a 4-door Charger. LOL. But I DO like the Challenger Hellcat.

LS2GTO

Established Member
3.2 to 60 and 11.7 quarter mile but only traps 113? Acceleration for days son but seems to fall on it's ass on the big end. Probably due to it's massive weight.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I would like to drive a P85D. Drove a regular 85 not too long ago and was underwhelmed.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I would also much prefer the P85D, the only 4 door I would like more is the RS7.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Id definitely take the Tesla. Gorgeous car. Latest technology. Made in America. Very few cars will touch it red light to red light. Heard they can be "modded" "upgraded" via software updates. Imagine if they're able to get a 10.9@120 out of them.

sknapp302

Established Member
I came across a P85D the other day in my C5 Z06. While my Z it is pretty fast for a stockish car, i loose nearly 1.5 seconds ET due to living at altitude in Denver, CO. This made me realize how badly I would have got spanked if the guy would have actually raced me. Just another reason for electric I had never thought of before.

Users who are viewing this thread