Motorcycle riders please be careful

Stang Lover

Established Member
I lost one of my best friends last night who was like a brother to me in a motorcycle accident. People aren't coming clean but they're getting to the bottom of it.

Please ride safe your wife or wife and kids need you to come home at night!

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Sorry for your loss, RIP.

My brother high sided off his bike two weeks ago. Lucky bastard didnt break any bones, he was in a wind breaker jacket. :nonono:

03slow6

Established Member
Is the accident your talking about involve a young MX racer? If so I had heard about it up in Michigan. Condolences to you and the riders family either way.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
Sorry man. It's my number one fear when driving around at 50 or so tons. Missing a bike in a blind spot...

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
This is exactly why I sold my hayabusa earlier this year and why I tell people interested in bikes to find something else to be interested in. Bikes are dangerous and not everyone decides to take an MSF course. Years ago I was in a pretty nasty crash but luckily I was wearing all my gear and only came out with some bruises. Now I've got a family to think about. I knew a guy who rode bikes since he was in his teens. Had his first wreck in his 60's. RIP to your friend and my condolences to you.

oldmodman

Established Member
Very sorry to learn about the death of your buddy. I hope the truth comes out and his friends and relatives get the answers they need.

I quit riding a little over ten years ago due to my living in Los Angeles.

I used to commute by freeway four times a day. Not anymore. Every day I see caged morons on their phones looking down, not out. And I don't even want to think about the drunk or drugged drivers today.

I leave my riding for when I go out to the desert.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Just witnessed a bike get struck by an F-250. Driver of the truck did not see the bike and bam, sent the rider flying off into a drainage ditch. Flew the rider to Maryland trauma center in critical condition. Very dangerous situation for the rider.

_Snake_

Established Member
Truly sorry for your loss. I sold my bike in 2006 when I moved to FL to cover expenses (new house, new job, etc) with plans to buy another after my home up north sold. I still haven't bought anything after experiencing the drivers here and have no plans to do so.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
RIP, I'm very sorry to hear about your friend; I lost a buddy of mine a few years back to an accident. I got rid of my bike after my daughter was born. I had WAY to many close calls with people not paying attention and then I saw a guy get hammered by an old man when he was on his Harley. He was doing absolutely nothing wrong and there was nothing he could have done to avoid the accident. It's just too much of a risk IMO with two kids counting on me. I miss riding dearly but won't be doing it again until my kids are much older. There are 2 types of riders, the ones that have been down and the ones that will be down.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Thanks guys really means a lot. This happened in NC btw.

Every time I thought about getting a bike I always hear or see something happen motorcycle related then I quickly change mindsets. Very dangerous machine and I don't blame you guys for selling them.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Sorry for the loss of your friend, it's definitely a risky passion. I see you said it was in NC...was it by chance the young soldier who collided with the truck in Fayetteville?

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
RIP to your friend. I have been looking to get another bike, but after seeing the stupidity that people commit everyday such as facebooking and driving or chasing imaginary dragons when they should be watching where they are going really has me rethinking my choice

Stang Lover

Established Member
Sorry for the loss of your friend, it's definitely a risky passion. I see you said it was in NC...was it by chance the young soldier who collided with the truck in Fayetteville?

Wasn't a truck but I heard about that one also but it was in Fayetteville.

Coiled03

Established Member
Lost 2 friends to the hobby, and decided to quit.

Sorry to hear of your loss, OP.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Sorry for your loss OP. Its why I don't have a street bike. I have always wanted one, and still do, but I can't bring myself to buy one. Especially since I now have a 1 year old who depends on me. People around here don't even pay attention to you in a car/truck that is easily visible, let alone a tiny motorcycle.

Users who are viewing this thread