Motorcraft Oil Filter Shortage???

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member
I bought 5 FL-500S filter from AM on 10/9/21 for $4.99 each. They are now out of stock and listed at $8.99 each.

7% inflation my ass...

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
We have tons of shortages(Carquest/Advance World). Rotella 15w40 is non-existent. Various filters are impossible to get. I daily scratch and claw to get enough to keep my stocking dealers shelves full. I could have plenty of FL1A's in the morning, but 820's are a no-go right now. Doesn't make any sense why. I know a few months back I sold the dodge dealer almost 2k in Mopar oil and fuel filters because they couldn't get any. AC Delco is an issue to, I'm having to source them by the case from outside suppliers.

Rambro

Established Member
Same here. No motorcraft filters and almost no thick oil on the shelves except diesel/euro formulations. They had mobil1 and k&n oil filters only. And the K&N oil filters were cheaper than the mobil1 filters if I remember correctly

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
Our Matthews, NC advance store says they have 4 FL-820s on hand. 0 on hand in the network. Oreillys has 1 in the hub. Autozone has 1 in the network.

Our Matthews World pac has plenty. 24 cases of 12.

FL-1A filters are around at same stores too. Autozone has most with 2 at our store and 26 in the network. Oreilly with 1. Advance with 8 in the network.

Seems about normal as far as I can tell for us here in southeast Charlotte. Cost is up all around though.

Jefe

Established Member
820S $3.17 on RockAuto

Oh wait, thats for a 12 pack haha

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Lots of Ford parts on B/O.. we were out of FL 910's (4 cyl applications) for a couple months.
Summer was crazy. Transmission parts were so scarce we were black boxing shit because no parts available to rebuild.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Lots of Ford parts on B/O.. we were out of FL 910's (4 cyl applications) for a couple months.
Summer was crazy. Transmission parts were so scarce we were black boxing shit because no parts available to rebuild.

Makes things lucrative for the lemon lawyers in some states.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Everything goes up in price.....take gasoline for example. Price of groceries have increased a fair amount as well.

The FL-1A was 7.00 dollars a filter and the FL820s was around 6.69. This didn't bother me. Especially because I only do one oil change a year.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
Both our Ford dealers show in stock for both filters too through our online portal. Crossroads Ford says they have 15 1A’s at $8 list and 29 820s at $6.82 list. I’m not sure if that’s normal on hand stock, but they have them.

Users who are viewing this thread