Motorcraft Oil Filter Shortage???

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
BTW, out of all the stuff I bought at walmart last night ($160), there was only 2 products I couldn't find.
Motorcraft oil filters and USA made gummy bears.
I was able to score some USA made gummy worms instead - lol.

Otherwise, everything else was there and the shelves looked full with relevant products.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
YES. It's insane.

Also, I needed to pick up some Mobile One 15W-50 full synthetic oil today for my Viper... I went to Walmart, Autozone and O'Reiley's, bought all the stock they had and ended up with 2 quarts.

I then started looking online, it was non-existent. I ended up stumbling on my local NAPA store's site and called them. They had 17 in stock. So I ran up there, bought all 17 and made the comment that I would have bought more if they had it....lady said she could get me 40 more by tomorrow. Done.

AND, it was on sale from $18.78 to $5.99.

View attachment 1734052

That sales tax is brutal.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like I'll be going to my local stores to see if any are available. I'll try to stock up!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That sales tax is brutal.

Pays to run it through the store...

1641919611209.png

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Indeed it does. You guys have income and property taxes too don't you? How are real estate taxes?

Property tax is about 1.45% of the appraised value of a property.

Income tax is stupid.

I basically work to pay taxes.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Plenty here locally. I just bought 3 FL-1A and 1 820s. Should be good for the year.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's ridiculous.

There are some areas local to me that the sales tax is in the mid 9s, and within an hour it touches 10.25%.

That kind of thing only really makes sense in a tourist area, where you have a lot of out-of-towners spending money.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That kind of thing only really makes sense in a tourist area, where you have a lot of out-of-towners spending money.

That's kinda what it is. It's in the 'historic' districts.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I heard rumblings about it a few months ago when I bought my 7.3. I went to the local Oreillys. Only had 1 for the truck in stock, a Microguard.. bought it. Went to the counter and they only had 3 FL-1995s in the warehouse. Bought all 3. Lots of Fram garbage, but Delco, Mobile and Motorcraft Filters were sparse and out of all relevant sizes.

MFE

Established Member
No FL1A's or FL820's on the shelf around me in Phoenix last week either, and also no higher-viscosity Mobil1 to be found without a scavenger hunt. I run 15w-50 in the Mustang for track use and had to go to multiple places to assemble 8 quarts worth. I usually buy jugs of it at wal-mart but the shelves were bare.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
No FL1A's or FL820's on the shelf around me in Phoenix last week either, and also no higher-viscosity Mobil1 to be found without a scavenger hunt. I run 15w-50 in the Mustang for track use and had to go to multiple places to assemble 8 quarts worth. I usually buy jugs of it at wal-mart but the shelves were bare.
Did you try Sanderson Ford? They actually had a decent number of Motorcraft filters on hand. The price, I didnt not inquire.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
My local O’reilly’s had a quite few Motorcraft 820S. Bought 3 of them. Plus a couple filters for the ZL1.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
What were they charging for them?
@SID297 you had it best (presently) Amazon seems to be the go-two (the you mentioned) - Rockauto is dirty cheap at 3.17 but you have to pay shipping and buy by the case (12). Referring to FL-820S (only).

Users who are viewing this thread