Motor Trend Mach-E VS Model Y

ArabianOak

Established Member
Picked up the new Motor Trend yesterday and the Mach-E VS Model Y was on the cover.

Ford has alot of catching up to do it would seem, still a great comparison. Elon has stated all of his patents are open, so i would assume it's just a matter of time before all the automakers are creating really nice EV's.

ACCELERATION TO MPH
Mach-E Model Y
0-30 1.9 sec 1.8 sec
0-40 2.7 2.5
0-50 3.7 3.2
0-60 4.8 4.1
0-70 6.2 5.1
0-80 7.9 6.3
0-90 9.9 7.7
0-100 12.4 9.3

PASSING,
45-65 MPH
2.3 1.7

QUARTER MILE

Mustang 13.4 sec @ 103.5 mph
Model Y 12.4 sec @ 114.8 mph

2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E vs. Tesla Model Y

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
2 1/2 months in, I'm diggin' my Y. It ain't perfect, but it just 'works' for me. Long term has yet to be decided. We'll see how it treats me I guess?

When did you dump your Trackhawk and get a Y?

ArabianOak

Established Member
2 1/2 months in, I'm diggin' my Y. It ain't perfect, but it just 'works' for me. Long term has yet to be decided. We'll see how it treats me I guess?

When did you dump your Trackhawk and get a Y?

a few weeks back...the hawk prices are insane right now...made 11K on my hawk compared to what I paid...have a deal going with my Zr1 too...i have it listed nearly 50k more than I paid last august...gotta ride this wave! lolol

ArabianOak

Established Member
Dragy numbers on your Y?

Respectable, but nothing like the hawk...wont complain though...4.30 a gallon for premium was brutal.

In warmer weather the Y should run 12.1-12.2. lol

img_2604-jpg.jpg

unnamed-jpg.jpg

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
a few weeks back...the hawk prices are insane right now...made 11K on my hawk compared to what I paid...have a deal going with my Zr1 too...i have it listed nearly 50k more than I paid last august...gotta ride this wave! lolol
I see the same with my Viper. Right now I figure 'at least' 25K more than I paid for it.

Problem is I really like the car and as of now, sadly, there's really nothing else I want. It'll remain mine for now.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tesla Model Y
The Model Y's superior technology, range, charging setup, and interior space carry the day. For now.

Exactly what I expected, but Ford and other competitors will refine their products (Tesla has had a huge head start) and I expect that the gap will narrow and disappear more quickly than we might think.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Isn't this Mach-E just the base model as well? Ford will release a GT model, just like how Teslas have a dual motor and bigger battery option. Cobrabob is right in that this is Ford's first shot and will only get better.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Isn't this Mach-E just the base model as well? Ford will release a GT model, just like how Teslas have a dual motor and bigger battery option. Cobrabob is right in that this is Ford's first shot and will only get better.

True, but keep in mind the Tesla was the slow version as well...the performance Y model runs 0-60 in 3.5 and the 1/4 in 11.8. That being said Elon has publicly stated all his patents are open and he wouldn't be upset if someone built a better version of his car and made him bankrupt.

Tunedprt91

Established Member

Wait, you had everyone arguing over the incognito pulley just to get rid of the hawk? lol

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
The cold hard reality of EV's....

Temperature can have up to a 40% effect on range': Ford Mustang Mach-E's estimated range was driving owner nuts

USA TODAY

Users who are viewing this thread