Motor/Tranny Mounts

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
Does anyone sell aftermarket stiffer mounts? Does anyone have some in their car already? If so what kind of power are you making and how does it feel? More vibration? I think it would greatly improve shifts right? Thanks! :rockon:

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
I have energy suspension poly ones from summit. I dont believe they make a mount for out T-56 trannys yet. I know prothane was thinking about it, but not sure. There are solid mounts out there if that is something you are into. Mine feels good, rocking about 520RWHP, alot better than stock.

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
I need something solid, right now at 660 I can feel the shifter move under full boost at the top of gears. I want it to be all rock solid. Thank you for the quick response.

evil 03

THE 700 CLUB
Established Member
I got solid motor mounts and love them I was at 575rwhp. Feels alotbetter leaveing the line and really can't feel a different on the street until u beat on it

SlowSVT

Established Member
I would avoid solid motor mounts unless the car is used exclusively for drag racing.

Stiffer tranny mounts will buy you "ZIP" due to the fact they are only connected to the thin sheet metal floor pan. They will also transmit more gear noise to the floor pan which will act just like a speaker diaphragm.

Urethane makes good motor mount material

Quick Strike

Established Member
Your engine and transmission become part of the chassis when using solid engine and transmission mounts. They are then subject to the twisting forces on the chassis. Most chassis builders wil recommend a rubber transmission mount when using solid engine mounts. This helps insulate the drive train from the twisting force on the chassis and reduces the possibility of transmission case failure.

Users who are viewing this thread