Motor Swap Help

ImnotaCrook

Established Member
I am going to be doing a motor swap on a 1995 Mustang v6. I am going to be putting in a 5.0 motor out of a 1988 mustang GT. I was wondering if anyone has attempted this project or has any information on what I will need for the swap. Any help will be greatly appriciated.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
I have an issue of MM&FF that has a V6 to 5.0 swap in it. I'll try early next week to scan the article and post it for you. It's a pretty simple swap.

ImnotaCrook

Established Member
Thanks I would appriciate it or you can e-mail it to me . I'll send you my e-mail in a PM.

mustangmatt

Established Member
i have a 95 stang as well

Its funny I have a 95 stang with a v6 as well and this winter i am going to attempt to drop a 5.0 litre in it. it should be a fun and interesting project. good luck to ya:beer:

ImnotaCrook

Established Member
Thanks mustangmatt
I have been digging for more info and pictures to smooth the process but it looks pretty simple to do. I now just have to save $$ for the exhaust , heads, cam etc etc...... I want to reach around 300HP then save for the turbo.

mustangmatt

Established Member
exhaust

Yea it will be a pricey project. Since you mention exhausts I was wondering if you know of anywhere where i could find a side exit exhaust system? I think they look sweet on the mustang. Also, are most side exhausts illegal on the street?

ImnotaCrook

Established Member
Well you could use the Exhaust they put on the Cobra R which was made by Borla. It exited out the side behind the door. You are going to have to check on your state laws to see if you can run side exhaust. I know here in Texas as long as its past the door its ok.

mustangmatt

Established Member
Yea I live in Ohio. that is something I will have to check. I also have to contend with E- check. Personally I hate e check. I cant wait, 17 more yrs till my car is 25 years old and no more e check :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread