MOTOBLUE Fuel Rails

sn8kbite

Established Member
Anyone considering purchasing the RPMoutlet Motoblue fuel rails for the 2003/2004 cobra.
These rails do not clear the whipple superchargers as advertised.
The intake plenum hits the rails even with the machining which is supposedly what allows these rails to work.
The FRP sensor which mounts on the front of the drivers side rail sits so far back on the motoblue rail that it can not be mounted on the rail without modifying the existing bracket and solinoids that are bolt to the side of the whipple.
The motoblue rails can not be ground or modified any further to enhance fitment due to the fact that the clearancing RPM outlet does leaves minimal material in that area.
The supercharger lacks roughly 3/16" to a full 1/4" of sitting down flat on the lower intake with these rails installed.
This is completely contradictory to what is advertised on RPMoutlets web site.
There is more to this story but i wont post photos or disclose the rest of the story until after i have spoken with RPMoutlet about the problems in the morning.
I just wanted to post so as to save anyone else the same aggrevation and loss of time due to incorrect fitment issues with these rails.
There is a solution to make the rails work which should work perfectly and which i will try provided RPMoutlet is reasonable as far as working with me on a partial refund of my money.
Otherwise i will post up the entire story after i speak with them tomorrow.
stay tuned......

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Well, pretty consistent with RPM's reputation.

How would you like a nice billet aluminum spacer to raise that blower up enough to clear? Pick a thickness and PM me.

sn8kbite

Established Member
Just got off the phone with CPR,i was informed that they make the Motoblue rails for RPMoutlet.
These rails will clear a KB according to CPR however they have never tryed them with a whipple which is RPM outlets mistake for posting that they will work with a whipple.
We discussed possible solutions to making the rails work with the whipple and the gentleman is going to discuss it with the machinist i assume and call me back later today i hope.
From what i can see they need to lower the centerline of the fuel feed hole roughly 3/16" this will allow that same amount of material to be milled from the top of the rail where the intake plenum lays across the rail.
The only other feasable solution would be to have the injector holes in the lower intake machined an additional 3/16" in depth,then have the pedestals that the rails bolt to machined down that same amount.
I will try to post some photos later this evening.
By the way RPM outlet basically told me tough luck after quoting me 325 dollars for the kit and then billing me 358 dollars after i canceled my order for the CPR rails i had already ordered from another outfit.
Chris at RPMoutlet asked George for the ok to make the deal in order to get me to cancel my order with the other distributor and was given the ok by George.
Chris calle dme back later that same day and informed me that the rails would be delayed 1 day before they could shipped because according to george they had to be placed in the mill and machined to clear the whipple.
I said no problem,a week goes by and i call to see why the rails have not arrived yet and i get Dustin who put me on hold for an endless period of time and then comes back and says he found my order but it hasnt shipped yet due to the fact that they dont have any of the 8 an fittings.
Keep in mind when this order was placed i was told that they had 30 of these kits on the shelf ready to go.
A week and 1/2 later the rails arrive and obviously you know the rest of the story,the rails were full of machine oil and debris and dirt.The polished finish has scratches all over them especially the one that they eveidently had to clamp and machine,the anodized fittings on the fuel lines are scratched thru to the metal.
Last issue is the fact that the FRP sensor can not be bolted on without modifying the bracket on the side of the whipple to move the solinoids back approximately 1/2".
Now i am stuck with no fuel rails,my engine is ready to go back in the car for the last time however i cant put the motor back in until i have fuel rails because it is to much of a hassel to try and do them with the motor in the car,du eto the positioning of one of the whipple hold down bolts.
RPMoutlets solution rather than offer me a fair price so that i can machine my intake or take other measures to make these rails work is this.
Box them up and send them back we will return your money.
If i am not mistakin this fly by night operation takes 15% restocking fee on returned merchandise?
Should i just call my bank and do a charge back?

sn8kbite

Established Member
WARNING: People beware of this company,the fuel rails were returned to RPM outlet Feb 1st and signed for by them.
It is now Feb 7 and they still have not put my funds back in my bank account!!
I called and spoke with customer service who said she does not have authority to return money,she then put me threw to George,i asked what the delay was on returning my money to my bank and that i needed it in my account by the end of the business day as they have had almost a week now since receiving their product back.
George stated that the money would be returned to my account when they got around to processing it and no sooner.
When i explained that they have had my money tied up for more than 3 weeks now by sending me the wrong parts which are advertised as the correct parts and then the fact that they authorised the return and have had the item back for a week now,and that if it wasnt resolved by the end of the business day i would be forced to call my bank to get a resolution.I explaine dthat if i had to goto that extreme to get my money back that i would also be contacting the BBB,George then stated contact whoever you wish and hung up on me.
I checked my account shortly after this phone call and RPM outlet credited me back 280 dollars of 358 dollars they took and did not credit me the 10 dollars shipping it cost to ship the rails back.
I am assuming they think they will be keeping over 80 dollars of my money as restockinig fees due to their false advertising and failure to insure that the items they are selling actually fit the vehicles they claim they will fit.
I contacted the bank and will be going down to fill out the paperwork to file Fraud charges against RPMoutlet which the bank says will tie my money up for up to another 60 days.
I will persue this to the fullest extent of the law and see that their business practices are investigated by the proper authorities even if it costs me money from my own pocket,it has now become a matter of principal and ethics. :mj:

Users who are viewing this thread