Most Power Made With Kenne Bell 2.6H & 2.8H

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
I was wondering what is the most one has made on a Kenne Bell 2.6H mainly.
I know everything about the 2.8H already thanks to some of the members on here.

My only question with the 2.8H is how many lbs of boost do you need to run or get close to make 700rwhp. (Pulley combo would be nice to mention. - if its upper only or upper and lower or just lower)

Same for the 2.6H. How many lbs of boost would you have to run to get close to 700rwhp.

I pretty much have my mind made up on the 2.8H. I have started buying supporting modifications already.

I am just wondering do I really need the 2.8H or should I just get the 2.6H. Remember my goal is 700rwhp. I am thinking I can spin the 2.8H less to make the power opposed to the 2.6H.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Does anyone maybe know of someone with those setups and what type of pulley combos they are running and lbs of boost and power they are making???

It can be anywhere from 600rwhp - 700rwhp. I just want to see some results with the different blowers and pulley combos with the 2 different blowers.

For example.

2.6H
__lbs of boost
__pulley combo
__rwhp__rwtq

2.8H
__lbs of boost
__pulley combo
__rwhp__rwtq

ponyboyx04

Established Member
2.8H
19#
3.5 upper
642/590
my tune is an agressive tune, and at 19# been having fuel problems im going back to 15-16# next week which will put me at about 580/550

ponyboyx04

Established Member
the 2.6H is plenty... if your going to build your bottom end and run race gas @ 20+# then the 2.8 would be better

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
PONYBOX4, Yeah that is what I was thinking. I just want to get very close to 700rwhp as I can. I would think I would need to spin the 2.6H hard to get to that point. That is why I am trying to see someone who is running a 2.6H so I can compare. Because if I can spin the 2.8H @ 21lbs and make like 680rwhp but I have to spin the 2.6H @ like 25lbs to get the same amount of power then I rather get the 2.8H.

Race Fuel around here is no problem. I have a place 4 miles from me that has TORCO 110 and another place that has 110-117 or something like that. That place is right up the street from the other gas station that sells the TORCO.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
2.6H

17#

3.5 upper only

582/514 SAE

That is pretty good for 17# of boost. Have you tried any other pulley combos or just stuck witht the 3.5 upper?

Another thing. I know these are too different cars but the GT500 can make 800rwhp+ with just the 2.8H with no motor build up. I know it has a 5.4 and I have a 4.6. so the displacement is different but I am only trying to make 680rwhp-700rwhp. I should be able to do this with no problem with the supporting mods and race fuel maybe even 94 because Sunoco sells 94 octane here. Even thinking about guys running Turbos doing like 750rwhp-850rwhp.

Last edited:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Obviously it would be easier to get the 2.8 to move the air you need to. Is it a budget concern?

ponyboyx04

Established Member
PONYBOX4, Yeah that is what I was thinking. I just want to get very close to 700rwhp as I can. I would think I would need to spin the 2.6H hard to get to that point. That is why I am trying to see someone who is running a 2.6H so I can compare. Because if I can spin the 2.8H @ 21lbs and make like 680rwhp but I have to spin the 2.6H @ like 25lbs to get the same amount of power then I rather get the 2.8H.

Race Fuel around here is no problem. I have a place 4 miles from me that has TORCO 110 and another place that has 110-117 or something like that. That place is right up the street from the other gas station that sells the TORCO.

either one im sure you will be happy... just saying to make the 2.8H realy work you are going to need atleast 19-20# boost and that means upgrade fuel pumps, race gas etc.....

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
JMProductions, No not @ all. Money is no issue. I just thought I may be over doing it with the 2.8H trying to reach my goal but to be honest I think the 2.8H is necessary for that goal.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
either one im sure you will be happy... just saying to make the 2.8H realy work you are going to need atleast 19-20# boost and that means upgrade fuel pumps, race gas etc.....

Yeah I have no problem with all of that. I have already started buying the items that I need to make it run efficient. I just thought I would see if I could achieve my goal with the 2.6H opposed to the 2.8H. I have no plans on going further than 700rwhp for this car. So once I hit that mark or close to that mark I am done.

Last edited:

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
That is pretty good for 17# of boost. Have you tried any other pulley combos or just stuck witht the 3.5 upper?

Havn't tried a combo, but want to. I'm hoping a lower/upper combo will yield some higher tq numbers, and stop the belt slip I think i'm experiencing.

Right now, all I have is JLT RAI, O/R X, Catback, AccuFab big oval, supporting and the KB. Stock manifolds.

To be honest, the Whipples seem to make much more hp/tq on 17# and thats all I ever plan to run...I should have gone Whipple.

Last edited:

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
^ Yeah I know what you mean as far as the Whipple and the 17#. People with those setups seem to run higher torque numbers than the KB on that particular setup. I would just go with a lower and watch that torque number grow.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
^ That is my reasoning as well so I am going to stick with the 2.8H.

I thought it would be nice to compare combinations and power that each blower made and see how each compared.

It would still be nice to know some different pulley combos. :thumbsup:

GodStang

Established Member
ESQEddy made 707/705 @ 20psi in 100+ degree weather with a 2.6L"S". He of course has a 306 stroker, custom heads and cams and full exhaust. Not sure if he is the most but there are some numbers for you.

As far as the 2.8LH it goes well into the 700s.

I wish I could give you numbers for my 2.8LH but my brand new lvl 5s died first run at the track so no track numbers.

If 700 is your goal then I would go with the 2.8LH. If you are just looking for nice numbers for a DD around 15-19psi I would stick with the 2.6LH.

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
If your not going to run a ass load of boost then do not do the 2.8. The gains over the 2.6 with typically be in the higher psi.

03SonicCobra

Got NX?
Established Member
2.8H
20#
3.25 upper only
600/542
my tune is a street tune for 91 octane with methanol. W/O meth and a 3.5, 17#, 547 rwhp

Users who are viewing this thread