Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • more than 35k

Votes: 8 9.5%

• Total voters

03blackCOBRA

Civil PE
Established Member
I'm not talking about the miles on your car, but rather the number of miles after you swapped the pulley. So whats the most miles with a 2.9 or smaller pulley out there. Also any problems with the high milage pullied cars?

Juiced-03

Established Member
I have been 2.80 pullied since 8,000 miles. Have almost 27,000 miles now. I voted 20k

Juiced-03

Established Member
Oh,,,and never a problem either. I have broken a few idlers and belts, but general maintenance IMO. Many of the miles were without a tune also. I have tried a Superchip (JDM), a Diablo chip (Amazon), and a Predator tune.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Yeah I would be interested to see how many miles pullied vs problems people have. I just hope our motors will be able to last 100-150k pullied.

EatonMe

7,500+ problem free 2.80'd miles. It shouldn't ever have any problems now that it's my Dad's car, and not mine anymore.:lol:

sir-blah

Established Member
I voted 10k, ~9500 with the pulley, but 14,000 with N2O. I pinged hard last week so the car is in the shop, looks like a cat got twisted up and cut off air to one side. The shop scoped the engine and the verdict is with 9500 miles of 2.93 + N2O, the engine is in perfect condition inside.

edit: PS I drive the crap out of this car. I'm not at the track every day but I drive it like I am :burnout:

Last edited:

03blackCOBRA

Civil PE
Established Member
Originally posted by 1 bad bullitt
Now thats a laugh!
I'd bet a house that NO ones pullied Cobra will last to 100,000 miles, I dont care how good the tune!

What do you expect to get out of yours?

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Now thats a laugh!
I'd bet a house that NO ones pullied Cobra will last to 100,000 miles, I dont care how good the tune!
And what exactly is your reasoning behind this? There's plenty of turbo and supercharged cars that are good for hundreds of thousands of miles, why would a properly maintained Cobra be any different?

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
Iwouldnt expect much more than 50,000 before a rebuild, pistons and rings minumim, thats just a gut feeling. These engines were made to handle 8psi of boost, we are doubling that and then some, theres no way they will last till 100, 000 miles. Prove me wrong!

Stock boost I think we could see that type of milage but some are still gonna go. Take a look at Modularfords.com, they have a database going of modded Cobras that have bit it already. You just cant expect these cars to last that many miles, even with a good tune, thats still a lot of stress on the rings.

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Iwouldnt expect much more than 50,000 before a rebuild, pistons and rings minumim, thats just a gut feeling. These engines were made to handle 8psi of boost, we are doubling that and then some, theres no way they will last till 100, 000 miles. Prove me wrong!

Stock boost I think we could see that type of milage but some are still gonna go. Take a look at Modularfords.com, they have a database going of modded Cobras that have bit it already. You just cant expect these cars to last that many miles, even with a good tune, thats still a lot of stress on the rings.

Mileage would depend on your driving habbits. Those who are on the boost a lot more will see less mileage than those who aren't on the boost as much (providing that the engines are created equally, which they are not). When you're not putting the pedal to the metal, it's no different than being stock. So I say 100k miles should be no problem as long as you're not a retard who romps on the gas every second you drive it.

I've been pullied for 14k miles now and have seen zero problems, other than tires wearing a little faster. If it was going to blow, it should have been blown by now since I've been down the track some 40 times as well as up to 160 MPH a few times. These engines are pretty stout and should be able to handle 450 RWHP with ease. The driveline is probably more of a concern than the engine itself.

Last edited:

golfprowanabe

Established Member
Now thats a laugh!

I'd take that bet......... and give you 2 to 1 odds!!!:beer:

silvercoffin

Established Member

CHECK YOUR IDLER PULLEYS!!!

9000 with a 2.80 and superchip tune...THEN BANG

broke an idler pulley too.....WHICH then bent the radiator hose bracket into the AC...cut the line lock wire and popped a number off wires and hoses out of their brackets...oh yeah and tore up the hoodliner real bad...not to mention stranding me at the race track.....no alternator and it was at night

Only thing id say is take off your belt and see how well your idler pulleys are spinning......if they are originals chances are you will need to change them. Go to the dealer and by a set or at least one to compare to.

I had one idler actually break...but all three were not spinning as well as the new ones do.

By the way its real easy for those of us Automotively challenged to change or remove the belt. You just need a half inch socket wrench to stick into the tensioner and then pull it to the right...... just make a drawing of how the belt is on first...or go online to find a diagram

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
Originally posted by golfprowanabe
I'd take that bet......... and give you 2 to 1 odds!!!:beer:

First person that gets to 100,000 and can prove they have been modded for most of that, I'll send them a case of their favorite beer, now that our search works you guys can hold me to that, when I say modded I mean pullied, running at least 14psi of bost, no, 3.1 pullies!
I just think and expect them not to last that long, I hope I am wrong but better to prepare for the worst, Now dont get me wrong I dont think we will see many rod or crank faluires simple compression leak down issues, and pistons going south.

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
swapped to a 2.93 @ 900 miles. drove it till 5000, then i swapped to a 2.75 RR pulley. now i have over 8000 miles and no problems what so ever.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
I think ygohome has over 50K miles already. He has been pulley'd since the very beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread