Moser M9 squealing / whistling noise (vid inside)

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
I have a Moser M9 with a wavetrac on my 2014 GT500. The car has ~10k miles on it. I don't abuse it or take it to the strip. Stock rear brakes. It's making a squealing / whistling noise from what I think is the passenger side rear tire. I jacked it up and ran it through the first few gears to try and diagnose the sound. Nothing gets hot to the touch after riding around on it. It will still make the noise if I drive down the road, put the car in neutral and cut the engine off, so it's not transmission or engine related. See vid (turn on sound)...

Any opinions or similar experiences? Bad bearing? Big trouble?

Also...jacking up the car and running it pissed off the dash lights. The check brake and AdvanceTrac lights came on. I'm thinking i can just either drive it and it will clear, or I can disconnect the battery for a bit if that doesn't work. True?

Thanks

Bytor

Established Member
When I installed my line lock, I had my car jacked up like that a half inch. The AdvancTrac freaked out too. Once I set the car down and drove it, it cleared up. I recently had a Strange 9" installed with the stock brakes. However, their brake bracket was not aligned exactly like stock enough and my caliper bracket started grinding into my rotors. Similar sound but mine only happened when turning. It left a few grooves in the rotors too. An added washer between the caliper and brake bracket re-centered the caliper to the rotor.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a Moser built 8.8 with 9" ends and had a similar sound on my 2012 GT. After sending the axles out for 5/8" studs I found out the passenger side bearing for the 9" end was toast. Thats where I'd start to look.

Users who are viewing this thread