Morimoto XB LED Projector Fogs on Cobra? Yes - it can be done.

JoshFocus

I have a set ready to go right away - and another print starting now (should be ready by Monday).

PM me if you are interested in them. I didn't know what to charge for them initially - but I think I've settled on $26 shipped (within USA - via priority USPS) with the 16 screws included. It may turn out to be a little less once I figure out a cheaper method to ship. All you would need to get is the Morimoto fog lights mentioned in the initial post.

I've thought about retrofit HID projector fogs - and still think it would be a killer look. The problem is the space and waterproofing. The headlights have a lot of space to dissipate the heat, and the headlight itself provides the waterproofing needed to keep the projectors dry. For the fogs however - I can't imagine the amount of extra work needed to fabricate the waterproof housing so you could fit a projector inside.

That said, I haven't played with the Matchbox projectors - those may be small enough to do the trick.

With the Morimoto XB LED Fogs - you don't really need to worry about the heat nor the waterproofing since it is designed to handle both right out of the box.

EDIT: I'll also add that Morimoto XB LEDs have the connection that plugs straight into the harness of our car vs. the need to add a ballast in the mix. The LEDs are also 10W vs. HID 35W in power consumption.
are you still making these?

JoshFocus

ok I figured so. My old account is no longer active I do not use the email anymore so made a new profile..... haven't been around in maybe 10 years lol. didn't post much then either.

Users who are viewing this thread