More testing and more big gains at JLT

Tucker

Keep in mind, we have only had 3-4 weeks to play catch up, but we are working around the clock.

Friday and Saturday we did some tuning and exhaust work on our 2011 GT.

All testing was done with 93 fuel in the tank.
It was between 96-99 degrees in the shop for every run.

Stock it put down 362 RWHP 346 RWTQ

Added the JLT proto type CAI and did some tuning for a NO COOL DOWN final 383 RWHP 364 RWTQ (21 RWHP 18 RWTQ gain)

Then we custom built a 3" X pipe and 3" cat back using Dynomax's 2010 GT cat back system. Some cutting and welding was needed to fit the 2011, but it looks good and sounds great. A little on the loud side for me, but I'm getting used to it.

After a few beat down runs on the street we strapped it down and pulled 381 RWHP :( WTF? Well, it was hot as hell (car and shop) We let it cool for 45 minutes, brought it up to temp and made a final run for

393 RWHP and 372 RWTQ.

I think if we let it cool after the final tune run we could have seen a few higher, so I'd say the CAI & tune is worth about 22-26 RWHP and the exhaust gained us about 5-8 RWHP

So with our JLT CAI, tune and exhaust we gained a total of 31 RWHP and 26 RWTQ, with even larger gains through out.

The car runs awesome.

Next up headers...
Stay tuned.

Jay
93%20fuel%20stock%20vs%20JLT%20110-tune.jpg

93%20fuel%20stock%20vs%20jlt110-tune-exhaust.jpg

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i love your products, but haven't most shops been getting 21-23 just from a tune and around 27-29 with cai and tune?

Tucker

i love your products, but haven't most shops been getting 21-23 just from a tune and around 27-29 with cai and tune?

Claimed and gained are 2 different things. :lol:
I've tested many tunes that don't get near what thay claim to :nonono:

I don't see many dyno graphs on the 2011 being posted and many that are can be picked apart with super low base line numbers using 87 fuel and who know what else...

We will only claim what you can get.

Thanks
Jay

DIB5.0

Established Member
I think you guys are right in line with Bama. Their tune and C&L intake gained around the same as yours. Very realistic gains. I do not know why everyone is in a hurry. Should wait until everything is on the table. Waiting to see Brenspeed #'s also. Reports are around 30hp.

Driver72

Established Member
Claimed and gained are 2 different things. :lol:
I've tested many tunes that don't get near what thay claim to :nonono:

I don't see many dyno graphs on the 2011 being posted and many that are can be picked apart with super low base line numbers using 87 fuel and who know what else...

We will only claim what you can get.

Thanks
Jay

Ditto that.
To add to that, claimed and gained on a tuner's car and gained on customer car's are 2 different things too.

What we really need to see is dyno results from customer cars before and after tunes on same octane, same dyno situations.
The average gained from the customer is what you REALLY can expect and what the tuner should then claim for that tune.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
I can tell you that Jays' claim of 501 rwhp on his GT500 intake and tune exactly matched what I got (503 SAE) with his product on my GT500.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I think you guys are right in line with Bama. Their tune and C&L intake gained around the same as yours. Very realistic gains. I do not know why everyone is in a hurry. Should wait until everything is on the table. Waiting to see Brenspeed #'s also. Reports are around 30hp.

probably STD not SAE numbers

DIB5.0

Established Member
I guess Brenspeed is claiming 30-40rwhp. This is going from 87 stock to 93 tuned and CAI.
So im sure 93 stock to 93 tuned is the same #'s that most are getting. Mid 20's.
It seems many are doing the sane thing to boast bigger gains.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz1M4QjEPCw&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- 2011 Mustang GT Dyno Tuning & Road Testing at Brenspeed[/nomedia]

11dsgGT

Established Member
There are a lot of new tunes coming out and I dont know what to think when looking at all the different numbers. Lethal helped me build my 99GT with no issues, so I am going to be placing my orders with them, after I break this 2011 beast in.

Tucker

I can tell you that Jays' claim of 501 rwhp on his GT500 intake and tune exactly matched what I got (503 SAE) with his product on my GT500.
Thanks, we REFUSE to make claims to make sales. You will get what we tell you.

I guess Brenspeed is claiming 30-40rwhp. This is going from 87 stock to 93 tuned and CAI.
So im sure 93 stock to 93 tuned is the same #'s that most are getting. Mid 20's.
It seems many are doing the sane thing to boast bigger gains.

Yup, but not us, we baselined it with 93 in the tank, not 87:rockon:

We are getting closer guys. Hold on tight, it will be worth it.

Thanks
Jay

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Keep in mind, we have only had 3-4 weeks to play catch up, but we are working around the clock.

Friday and Saturday we did some tuning and exhaust work on our 2011 GT.

All testing was done with 93 fuel in the tank.
It was between 96-99 degrees in the shop for every run.

Stock it put down 362 RWHP 346 RWTQ

Added the JLT proto type CAI and did some tuning for a NO COOL DOWN final 383 RWHP 364 RWTQ (21 RWHP 18 RWTQ gain)

Then we custom built a 3" X pipe and 3" cat back using Dynomax's 2010 GT cat back system. Some cutting and welding was needed to fit the 2011, but it looks good and sounds great. A little on the loud side for me, but I'm getting used to it.

After a few beat down runs on the street we strapped it down and pulled 381 RWHP :( WTF? Well, it was hot as hell (car and shop) We let it cool for 45 minutes, brought it up to temp and made a final run for

393 RWHP and 372 RWTQ.

I think if we let it cool after the final tune run we could have seen a few higher, so I'd say the CAI & tune is worth about 22-26 RWHP and the exhaust gained us about 5-8 RWHP

So with our JLT CAI, tune and exhaust we gained a total of 31 RWHP and 26 RWTQ, with even larger gains through out.

The car runs awesome.

Next up headers...
Stay tuned.

Jay
93%20fuel%20stock%20vs%20JLT%20110-tune.jpg

93%20fuel%20stock%20vs%20jlt110-tune-exhaust.jpg

Nice gains! I think you'd be near the 415-420rwhp mark with headers

ViciousJay

Established Member
you had my response on modfords, i cant wait to see the finished product so i can the CC out

Users who are viewing this thread