More power burning clutch....

old01cobra

Established Member
Well I had issues with a dead cylinder posted that on another thread. My dumbass had the connectors swapped on the MSD box causing a misfire on cylinder 5 at times. It was acting like a dead cylinder. I also, tightened up the blower belt significantly. Car made 677rwhp and 530rwtq with the messed up dead cylinder and bad belt slip. Needless to say with the corrections the cars is far more powerful now.
I have a promotion 3650 HD trans so 700+hp is the rating. If I recall correctly I put a spec stage 2 setup in it when I was all motor. Im assuming im making significant more power now at least 100+whp and wtq. Cars got about 4 or 5 pulls on it now and she ate that clutch up. That clutch will not hold it anymore slippy micdoodles. Felt fine at the 677rwhp and 530rwtq but not anymore. Next will be the trans I know but one thing at a time.

Need some recommendations. What would you guys run as far as a clutch setup?

Thanks

Last edited:

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a spec stage3+ disc that’s brand new and 26 spline just sitting in the garage

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

old01cobra

Established Member
Thanks everyone that read and our responded I pulled the trigger on the RXT 1200 kit. Hopefully it lasts

MG0h3

Established Member
That’s what I’m running. Had a reg RXT before and I like them both. Pedal is heavier on the 1200 though

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread