More Photos From PRI 2019 Than You Probably Want to See

More Photos From PRI 2019 Than You Probably Want to See

PRI_2019_001.jpg

If you've been on SVTP very long at all you know we love the annual Performance Racing Industry Show, but hate going to Indy in the winter. This year was no different. The show was awesome as always, and I still hate the cold. Some highlights of the show are always seeing industry friends and checking out some new go-fast parts. It was great catching up with the guys from HP Tuners and @Livernois Motorsports.

For 2019, there were some truly special parts on display for the Modern Ford Enthusiat. First up, Ford Performance introduced their new 'Werewolf' Iron Engine Block for the Coyote V8 platform. This is aimed directly at the Sportsman racer who wants a block that can stand up to serious abuse, and doesn't mind the weight penalty that comes along with switching from Aluminum to Iron. This block is much more than just a cast iron version of a standard Coyote block, and I suspect it will be significantly stronger than any stock aluminum Coyote block can be modified to be. However, pricing will likely determine just how successful it will be in the marketplace.

Another big public showing was @VMP Performance's new Eaton TVS 2650 Rotor equipped Odin Supercharger kit. This thing was designed from the ground up through a collaborative effort between VMP Performance and Magnuson Superchargers. Its "flipped" design allows it fit 2018+ Direct Injection equipped Coyote V8s, while also packing in some massive intercooler cores. These kits are starting to trickle out to a few select VMP clients, and testing is ongoing. However, early results are very promising and on E-85 we expect to see some very significant power gains.

It's basically tradition at this point for me to walking around and video the Featured Products Showcase. This year it was moved to a much better location in the Lucas Oil Stadium (Colts Stadium). So we'll kick the media content off with that video and then get into the pics:

PRI_2019_010.jpg
PRI_2019_002.jpg
PRI_2019_003.jpg
PRI_2019_004.jpg
PRI_2019_005.jpg
PRI_2019_006.jpg
PRI_2019_007.jpg
PRI_2019_008.jpg
PRI_2019_009.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread