More or less e85 stations?

Do you have more, less, or the same amount of e85 stations in your area?

• Total voters

turbov6joe

Defensor Fortis
Established Member
Since the federal government tax incentives for the production of e85 have expired, are you all seeing more or less stations in your area carrying e85? Please respond with your general location after you vote.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
When did they expire? could take some time to see an impact. I've seen a few more pop up in my area this year. I'm near Louisville KY. Honestly the only people I see using them are monster SUV's - lot of GM's for whatever reason, or tuned performance cars.

TX03DSG

Established Member
I am in the Waco, TX area with about 5 stations I know of selling E85. The most consistent is H-E-B with around 85-90% ethanol.

EB85

Established Member
The same. One an hour to the north and one an hour to the southwest.

AKA - none in my driving distance.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
I'm in Colorado and there are lots of E85 stations in Denver and Colorado Springs. The most common are the Kum & Go's, but their E85 is NOT E85 its for shit E70 all year round... The Western Convenience stations ROCK!! Solid E85 to E87 all year round no winter blending garbage. I moved from Florida a year ago and there were not nearly as many E85 stations as their are here.

Its really funny though whenever I am filling up with E85 in my 04 Cobra, people look at me funny - like how the hell is that thing running on ethanol... then the ricers pull up and they know what's up. Its so amazing to me how many people just have no clue what a great fuel it is for performance.

With some exceptions the general theme seems to be if you live in a more liberal (left wing eco-friendly) area your going to see more E85. If you live in a very conservative (right wing republican) area your going to see less E85. Having said that, I'm surprised LA doesn't have that many, and the other odd exception is that its fairly common in the midwest I guess because that's where the corn is.

bigmoose

Established Member
With some exceptions the general theme seems to be if you live in a more liberal (left wing eco-friendly) area your going to see more E85. If you live in a very conservative (right wing republican) area your going to see less E85. Having said that, I'm surprised LA doesn't have that many, and the other odd exception is that its fairly common in the midwest I guess because that's where the corn is.

I wish that was the rule. There are only like 5 stations in MA, a few in CT, and none in RI.

mustang john

Established Member
Every new Valero gas station being built here in San Antonio is being built with E85 pumps. We had about 3-4 exising stations with E85 and now there are two new ones in my area and there is a third new one under construction as we speak. Lots of choices, its very nice.

mustang john

Established Member
Correction. The newest Valero was not built with E85 pumps sadly enough. But we still have plenty in the area already so its only a minor inconvienence.

b_dike

Established Member
I voted more just because the new station off of Barry rd/ Green Hills rd has e85. For reference that intersection in up north just east of the Zona Rosa area.

GodStang

Established Member
Had 5 within 1 mile of me at one time. Sad part was all but one was owned by the same group. The 4 had money problems and went under. Another group bought them and do not sell E85. So I am at less. Just one now within a mile.

Users who are viewing this thread