More mod updates - k-member and headers

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
I'm inspired. I'm about 3/4 the way there and will test my set-up at the Willow Springs Raceway in 2 days. 2.5 miles, 9 turns and potential 150 on straights.
Did you or will you do bump-steer and bushings. I did not catch that or maybe missed that in above.
400F 500R coil overs
MM CC plates
KB Extreme subframe matrix
KB ST brace
KB shock tower brace
HP brake pads, stainless lines and HP fluid
Nitto 555ll's on Konigs
Everything but the Kenne Bell under the hood

edslowey

Established Member
Originally posted by jtfx6552
Just a ttt to see how this awesome beast turned out?

JT

Hey guys, sorry about the lack of updates. Been pretty hectic the last month or so with an illness in the family (all better now).

I was planning on taking the car to Beech Bend for the shootout but couldn't get everything tweaked up in time. We've been trying to get a good tune with the Autologic chip. Got some impressive HP and TQ numbers (as in 630+ hp!) but we are bumping up against the limits of the fuel system at 19-20# of boost. I am about convinced to take the plunge and convert to a return system. I am trying to fabricate a set of 0.5" ID fuel rails will fit with the KB (this is a bitch with the tight clearance under the inlet plenum) and will be installing these with 55# injectors.

Anyway, the suspension is awesome and the brakes are very cool. The only thing I'm not 100% pleased with are the Kinesis rims. They don't look as good to me on the car as I thought they would, and I cannot get the rear height adjusted where the fender lip does not scrape on the outside shoulder of the tire...I think 11.5 was a tad too big for the car. The damn things were WAY too expensive to not be completely happy with them (what was I thinking!):bash: :bash: I may sell these and go to 10.5" CCW's...

That's where we're at! I'll post as soon as I get the tune/fuel situation worked out.

Ed

jtfx6552

Established Member
Originally posted by edslowey
Hey guys, sorry about the lack of updates. Been pretty hectic the last month or so with an illness in the family (all better now).

I was planning on taking the car to Beech Bend for the shootout but couldn't get everything tweaked up in time. We've been trying to get a good tune with the Autologic chip. Got some impressive HP and TQ numbers (as in 630+ hp!) but we are bumping up against the limits of the fuel system at 19-20# of boost. I am about convinced to take the plunge and convert to a return system. I am trying to fabricate a set of 0.5" ID fuel rails will fit with the KB (this is a bitch with the tight clearance under the inlet plenum) and will be installing these with 55# injectors.

Anyway, the suspension is awesome and the brakes are very cool. The only thing I'm not 100% pleased with are the Kinesis rims. They don't look as good to me on the car as I thought they would, and I cannot get the rear height adjusted where the fender lip does not scrape on the outside shoulder of the tire...I think 11.5 was a tad too big for the car. The damn things were WAY too expensive to not be completely happy with them (what was I thinking!):bash: :bash: I may sell these and go to 10.5" CCW's...

That's where we're at! I'll post as soon as I get the tune/fuel situation worked out.

Ed

Are you using a boost a pump? I know some or down on them, but Hammers has had good results with his at similar boost levels. Without it, he was maxed out, with it, things seem better.

Also, there are supposedly pumps fom a Focus that can be used. The focus only uses one pump and it has a little more maximum delivery than each of the '03 Pumps. It is meant to be controlled via PWM and run returnless. Someone at modularfords.com was going to try putting two of these on the '03 tank ( Joe at Mustang magic I believe) although I am not sure how it turned out.

Here is a thread:
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4388

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread