Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by edslowey
Front brakes. These are what we have been waiting on for 6+ weeks. :mj:

I just sold a set of those last week. The car is looking great. :thumbsup:

ScarSnake

Established Member
Your work looks awesome.
I'm trying to determine who to go with on my handling upgrade. I've got Griggs, Kenny Brown, and Maximum Motorsports in mind.
Was there any particular reason you chose Griggs? Any description of your thought process would be helpful.
I have a 97 Cobra coupe, fully stock. I am running in the local Solo 1 series.

Thanks,
Russ

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
Ed you are my idol:eek: :eek:. When I win the lotto i'am going to copy your mods.:beer:

Also if you could weigh your car to see how much weight you lost that would be cool.

Thanks Will

edslowey

Established Member
Originally posted by 03snake
GOD ED! This things going to be a beast. What engine MODS will you eventually end up with. Once it's all done, would it be possible to get a complete breakdown of exactly what you had done as far as suspension/exhaust/brakes. None of my business what the costs are, just interested to know manf./part #'s if possible. Thanks man and good luck!!!

I'm getting a web page put together now. I'll put details in there and link to my sig. But basically it is the full Griggs GR-40 setup with the severe duty components for suspension. The exhaust is a custom job made up of Griggs/Kooks headers and x-pipe with high flow cats thrown in going through Hooker Aerochamber mufflers into Dynomax tailpipes.

edslowey

Established Member
Originally posted by snakeyes
Ed. You'll love the brakes I just installed a set on a friends 01 Cobra and he loves them. They don't start really grabbing until they heat up though. We were waiting quite a few weeks for them to come in as well. I like the shims they supplied with the kit to center the calipers. Some of their other kits don't have them.

I agree, these brakes are awesome. And your right about the heating up thing. But once they're hot, watch out! :rolling:

edslowey

Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
Sweet ride ED!

Any KB dyno numbers? How much boost are you going to run?

Now that the car is done I'm goint to the dyno hopefully this weekend. Boost is in the 17# range now. We'll see what is safe for a race setup

edslowey

Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
oh man shoulda changed the oil pan if u are goin that crazy anyways and had the k member out

well it woulda prolly voided engine warantee anyways

I think we left the warranty behind a while back...:beer:

Yea, oil pan, transmission cooler, diff cooler, cage...I have to leave SOME things for later

edslowey

Established Member
Originally posted by CuLaTeR
Ed did you do all the work yourself? How long did this process take from start to finish?

All of the suspension, rear end, tranny swap, battery swap, and custom exhaust you see in these pics was done by Don Rositch, Mustang Don's Mustang Garage in Franklinton, NC. The car has been away for 3 months, but most of that has been waiting on various parts that were backordered (mainly the brakes from Baer). The actual work would probably take about 2 weeks now that it has been done once and if all the parts were available at the same time.

ace75

Established Member
ed, i noticed that youre going from borla to magnaflow exhaust. whats the reason, and i was wondering which one is quieter. i currently have a magnaflow, but i feel that this exhaust is a little louder than id like. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread