More mod updates - k-member and headers

CuLaTeR

Established Member
I can't believe the amount of work you have done to that car. I wish I lived near you. I would love to get my hands dirty and jump into those major upgrades like that. :thumbsup:

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
I love the pics, they're very inspirational. I'm looking forward to a Griggs/MM suspension over this summer. Although, I am getting the Griggs k-member I doubt I'll go with the longtubes. There seem to be some emissions certification issues associated with longtubes. But damn, they look serious on your car!

slth69

Established Member
With the griggs k-member can you use the rest of the stock suspension? Going to get the longtubes and I figured I should just replace the k-member while I'm down there. Just don't have the cash to do the whole front susp.

edslowey

Established Member
Originally posted by slth69
With the griggs k-member can you use the rest of the stock suspension? Going to get the longtubes and I figured I should just replace the k-member while I'm down there. Just don't have the cash to do the whole front susp.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can. Call Bruce at Griggs he will tell you exactly what will work.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by slth69

Yes. The Griggs k-member has two LCA mounting locations. The lower of these location will accept the stock LCA and don't have the revised suspension geometry. The upper location does utilize the revised suspension geometry, but requires tubular LCA and coil-over front suspension.

This pictures shows both mounting locations clearly.

attachment.php

Last edited:

slth69

Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
Yes. The Griggs k-member has two LCA mounting locations. The lower of these location will accept the stock LCA and don't have the revised suspension geometry. The upper location does utilize the revised suspension geometry, but requires tubular LCA and coil-over front suspension.

This pictures shows both mounting locations clearly.

attachment.php
\

Thankyou very much - Think with my bonus check this is what I'll be getting.

:beer: :beer:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Ed:

Your car is absolutely amazing. When you get finished with the suspension, I want to nominate you for svt of the month. If I had 15 grand laying around, I would have a duplicate of your car. Great Job ED!

Users who are viewing this thread