More low-end bucking issues

venomisback

Big Member
Established Member
I'm chasing down a terrible low-end bucking problem. The car was tuned a few years back and ran fine until I pulled the motor (had car painted).

So now the car idles perfect, but has zero power below 2000 RPM. I'll get popping thru the exhuast here and there. After 2000 RPM the car feels good.

I had the upper and lower intake off for powdercoating. I have a new TPS, new ignition module, newer EGR, newer IAC, and no codes.

I'm leaning towards a vac leak, but havent found anything yet. Is there something "safe" to spray on powdercoated parts?

:beer:

buddha93

Established Member
I'm chasing down a terrible low-end bucking problem. The car was tuned a few years back and ran fine until I pulled the motor (had car painted).

So now the car idles perfect, but has zero power below 2000 RPM. I'll get popping thru the exhuast here and there. After 2000 RPM the car feels good.

I had the upper and lower intake off for powdercoating. I have a new TPS, new ignition module, newer EGR, newer IAC, and no codes.

I'm leaning towards a vac leak, but havent found anything yet. Is there something "safe" to spray on powdercoated parts?

:beer:

Anything but brake cleaner. It will strip it back down to metal like nobodys business.

Check your grounds as well as TPS voltage.

fastford21g

Gear Head
Established Member
This must be a relatively common thing. Mine has a bog when you gett on it , then picks up slowly. Also seems like it lacks power. I was leaning towards my mass air meter. I have a crappy C&L - never really liked them??

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
^+1 MAF,

I had same issue with my 91GT, I had a C&L, which are sensitive to the clocking of the sensor, also had a Lightning MAF, which wasnt tuned for my setup, but both would give the popular bucking symptoms, less so with the C&L. Ran perfect after a dyno tune.

Users who are viewing this thread