More Dark Shadow Gray& the 2nd run Silver trying to decide(post pics)

Rwick7

Established Member
I like them both but dark shadow would turn more heads...if that is what you want to do. :beer:

F1-R Stang

Mobster
Established Member
By the way I just called my dealer and he told me that the mach1000 is not avail. for the cobra,is that accurate?

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Here are some DGS pics, not my car though. Mine will be here NEXT week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1114-1832-30306.jpg

1114-1832-30305.jpg

MAStanger

Established Member
Mach 1000

I think this was discussed in a thread a while ago, but the Mach 1000 is NOT an option on the Cobras; at least not for 2003.

When I was first looking at the 03 Cobra earlier this year, I too was curious why it was not an option (thinking that the top of the line stereo should be available on their top of the line auto). Once I saw an 02 GT with the Mach 1000, it made sense. It seems to be a very specialized system. The Mach 1000 is not only like a $1200 option, but it also reduces the already limited cargo space in the trunk. The system not only has two large subwoofer enclosures in the trunk (one on each outer side), but also has a rack mounted across the trunk space (under the decklid), which holds like 3 or 4 amplifiers. Basically, it leaves you enough room for about 2 bags of groceries, literally.

It seems like an option that only true audiophiles would want (folks that want their car to be as loud as it is fast), but I believe most true audiophiles would install their own aftermarket system anyway. Most muscle car enthusiasts (like me) would rather hear the throaty burble and rumble of a nicely tuned engine, rather than big bass beats. But, that is just my $0.02.

Mike

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Re: Mach 1000

Originally posted by MAStanger
It seems like an option that only true audiophiles would want (folks that want their car to be as loud as it is fast), but I believe most true audiophiles would install their own aftermarket system anyway. Most muscle car enthusiasts (like me) would rather hear the throaty burble and rumble of a nicely tuned engine, rather than big bass beats. But, that is just my $0.02.

Mike
Ditto :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread